Website Hutton Consulting Australia
Southern Christian College, TAS
Established in 1986 as a ministry of the CityLight Church, Southern Christian College is a multi-faceted educational precinct, catering for students from K to 12. The College taught K-10 until 2015 and in 2016 expanded to provide Grades 11 and 12. The school is situated on the crest of the Kingston hills, fifteen minutes from Hobart, overlooking the beautiful Kingston valley and Mount Wellington’s southern slopes. With a student population of around 400 students, the College provides a holistic education that develops a community of learners who are balanced spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, creatively and socially. The staff at Southern Christian College actively contribute to the Christian ethos which underpins the holistic care and development provided to each student.
The School Board seeks a committed Christian leader and educator who has the ability to drive vision, execute the continued long-term, strategic development of the College and deliver strong academic, co-curricular, pastoral and spiritual outcomes. The successful candidate will be able to translate ideas and concepts into action, analyse complex situations and engage others proactively in change and improvement. Commencing in Term 3, 2022, or earlier by negotiation, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational leader, with a dynamic presence and ability to authentically connect with all members of the Southern Christian College community and external stakeholders.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a Christian Education
- Clearly articulate a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Demonstrate the knowledge and successful record of implementation of a range of executive leadership principles and practices in managing change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the College’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, marketing, fundraising, communications and governance
- Empower staff, students and parents to engage with the College community through effective relationships
Southern Christian College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives.
The Southern Christian College Council has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Tim Hawkes via email email@example.com
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday, 17th January 2022 at 5.00pm
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.