Website Hunter Christian School
Hunter Christian School
Hunter Christian School (NSW) is a P-12 school community in Newcastle that has set itself the ambitious goal of a renewed vision and approach to education.
We are inviting applications for the role of Head of Primary to commence at the start of the 2022 school year.
As a strategic and relational person, the Head of Primary will oversee and empower staff to enable students to grow as individuals, establish skills for learning and set high goals to equip them to pursue their God-given passion and calling in life. The Head of Primary will report directly to the Principal and work collaboratively as part of the Executive Team. It is proposed that this position initially will be 0.6 FTE Head of Primary and 0.4 FTE teaching supported by a small Primary Leadership Team and an Administration Assistant.
This role would suit a dynamic leader with a compelling vision who can engage parents, inspire educators, connect with students, and strategise as part of the Executive Team to develop noble hearts, infinite minds, and able hands across the whole school.
- Servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- Capacity to lead a primary department with a personal, hands-on approach.
- Collaborative, strategic and able to work within the whole-school vision in partnership with the Executive Team.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with parents, staff and students.
- Strong educational vision, knowledge and skills to promote active collegial discussion about pedagogy and practices.
- Ability to coach teachers and mentor emerging leaders.
- Motivated and able to build the school enrolment.
- Empathetic and able to consider the needs of families.
- Effective behaviour management strategies.
- Be part of a community of genuine faith and care.
- Live affordably in Newcastle, a vibrant coastal city that falls in the “sweet spot” between being too small or too big.
- Build your career into senior leadership.
- Make a real difference in a school community that believes that every child is unique, precious and has something to offer the world.
Enterprise Agreement wages and conditions apply. Hunter Christian School is a Child Safe School. Employment screening for working with children and compliance with any relevant Public Health Order is mandatory.
Applications for the position close on Monday 1 November at 4pm
Applicants should follow the Employment Application Guide available from the employment page of the school’s website and forward their applications to:
Mrs Heather Malone – PA to the Principal
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.