Website HillSide Christian College
HillSide Christian College, WA
TEACHER – JAPANESE
Commencing Term 1, 2022
12 month contract
HillSide Christian College is an evangelical, Christian school with an approximate enrolment of 360 students from Years 4K-12. Please view the school website for general information: http://www.hillside.wa.edu.au
HillSide Christian College is seeking applications for a 0.65 FTE Japanese (Languages) teacher across Years 1-10. The successful applicant will be a practising evangelical Christian, who is able to demonstrate and work within the College’s Christian framework. The position is a 12 month FIXED TERM contract with a three month probation period. Any appointment to the position will be dependent upon the successful applicant accepting the College’s Code of Conduct (including Statement of Faith) and the employment contract.
All applicants wishing to submit an application should be able to demonstrate their personal faith in Jesus Christ as God and Saviour, and be an active member of an evangelical Christian Church. The applicant should be a teacher of quality with high level skills, with an ability to work within a Christian team setting. New graduate teachers are encouraged to apply.
The application must include:
1. Covering letter (maximum two page) describing experience and ability to fulfill the role;
2. The applicant’s current CV outlining qualifications, church membership, professional referees, contact details, and career history;
3. A written reference from a Pastor/Elder or the contact details of a Pastor/Elder who may be contacted for a verbal reference in regard to the applicant’s Christian faith and practice;
4. All qualifications and compliance documents named in the dot points below. Supply photocopies of the original documents along with the application. Originals will require sighting:
• a current Working with Children Card;
• a current TRBWA registration.
All applications and enquiries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be only filled when a suitable applicant has been appointed.
Please note: The College reserves the right to fill the position at its discretion and timing, and to withdraw the position/advertisement if required. The position will only be filled by the College when a suitably qualified applicant is secured. Wages, contract details and other school policies will be available upon request. The College also reserves the right to make any necessary enquiries outside listed referees if required in the selection process.
1. The College is an Apple-based environment and SEQTA/Synergetic are the main database platforms.
2. Applicants will be emailed any additional information, including the Statement of Faith and sample teaching contract.
3. The College website is a valuable source of background information, which includes history, vision, mission and operations. This can be accessed at:
4. The College is affiliated with Christian Schools Australia. The College is supportive of the model of Christian Schools Australia’s “Six core elements of the Christian School architecture”. These can be viewed at:
5. HillSide Christian College is a ministry of HillSide Church. The Church website can be viewed at: http://www.hillside.org.au
6. HillSide’s current remuneration structure for teachers is available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit www.ais.wa.edu.au.