Website Hillcrest Christian College
Hillcrest Christian College, VIC
Full time position commencing in August 2021. Enjoy working at an independent school with a great team near Berwick.
- Full time – fixed-term contract (Aug-Dec 2021)
- Passion for Visual Art teaching
- Enthusiastic, collaborative working style
Crest Education comprises two independent, coeducational schools with over 2,000 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Centre. Hillcrest Christian College, established in 1981, operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College, which opened in 2014, has Early Learning and students to Year 8 in 2021. It is an authorised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and is a Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school.
Rivercrest Christian College invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced people for the role of Primary Art Teacher commencing on 23rd August 2021, covering a maternity leave vacancy at Rivercrest until the end of the school year on 7th December 2021, with a potential extension.
The successful candidate will:
- desire to teach in an environment where both Christian values and academic excellence are emphasised
be an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher, with a passion for visual art
- preferably experienced in teaching the International Baccalaureate’s ‘Primary Years Programme’ or be committed to a concept-driven, structured-inquiry approach to teaching
- competent using ICT as a tool in the classroom, particularly iPads
- have the capacity and interest to write and develop curriculum materials
- be a team player and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Free gym on site
- Friendly and supportive working environment
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Rivercrest.
Rivercrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check (non-teachers) or VIT registration (teachers) and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Applications close Tuesday 15th June 2021 at 10:00am.
Candidates are required to complete the online application and supply a covering letter and CV.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Joanne Ball, Human Resources Manager.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Nelly Mikhail on 9707 7330.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.