Website Hillcrest Christian College
Crest Education (VIC) has an opportunity for an ICT Support Trainee near Berwick.
· Full time role commencing in 2022 for the duration of the course
· Role suits a current Year 12 student or recent VCE graduate
· Work and gain a tertiary qualification at the same time in a field you enjoy
CREST Education comprises two independent, coeducational schools with over 2,000 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Reserve at Clyde North. Hillcrest Christian College, established in 1981, operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College is an authorised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and is a Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school, with modern facilities at Clyde North. It is a growing College, adding a new year level each year; our first Year 9 level will commence in 2022.
The College has an exciting new opportunity commencing in January 2022 – as an ICT Support Trainee.
The successful candidate will have:
· recently finished secondary studies or currently be in Year 12. Due to the funding arrangements, people with tertiary qualifications need not apply for the traineeship.
· a passion for information and communications technology, systems and enjoy practical learning.
· the capacity to undertake training in this field.
· considered career pathways in the ICT Support or IT-related industries.
· enthusiasm to participate in a variety of ICT Support activities and attending to school-related IT maintenance jobs for both students and staff whilst completing a Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology or similar.
· a current drivers’ licence (would be an advantage).
- Training wage and 6-10 weeks of holidays per year (negotiable)
- Free gym on site
- Potential career development and ongoing position
A National Training Wage and superannuation are paid and course costs will be covered upon successful completion of the training.
The employer is open to considering alternative relevant Certificate III or IV courses.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of CREST Education.
CREST Education is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working with Children Check (non-teachers) or VIT registration (teachers) and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
CREST Education complies with the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions and therefore the successful candidate must provide evidence of vaccination.
Applications close Monday 29th November 2021 at 10:00am.
Candidates are required to complete the online application and supply a covering letter and CV.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Joanne Ball, Human Resources Manager.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Mrs Nelly Mikhail on 9707 7324.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cresteducation.vic.edu.au.