Website Hillcrest Christian College
Hillcrest Christian College, VIC
· Full-time, fixed term role for Term 1, 2022
· Experienced teacher preferred
· PYP educators, or a passion for inquiry-based learning and concept-driven curriculum
Crest Education comprises two independent, coeducational schools with over 2,100 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Reserve. Hillcrest Christian College, established in 1981, operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College, which opened in 2014, has Early Learning, Primary and Secondary students to Year 9 in 2022. It is an authorised International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and is a Middle Years Programme (MYP) candidate school.
Rivercrest Christian College is inviting applications for the role of Primary Teacher, commencing in January 2022, for Term 1, teaching Year 3.
The successful candidate will be:
· available to teach from 31st January until 8th April 2022 and preferably able to work from 24th to 28th January to prepare and attend professional learning and other meetings
· to desiring to teach in an environment where both Christian values and the development of the whole child are valued
· an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated primary-trained teacher
· experienced teaching the International Baccalaureate’s ‘Primary Years Programme’ or be committed to a concept-driven, structured-inquiry approach to teaching
· passionate about environmental education and inquiry
· competent using ICT as a tool in the classroom, particularly iPads
· able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Competitive salary
· Free gym on site
· Friendly and supportive working environment
If you can see yourself working as part of a dedicated team, we want to hear from you.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Rivercrest.
Rivercrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid VIT registration and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Rivercrest complies with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Facilities) Order 2021 (No. 1) and therefore the successful candidate must provide evidence of vaccination.
Applications are now being accepted online and will be considered as they are received.
Applicants are required to supply a covering letter, CV and contact details for three referees.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Caryn Johnson, Head of Primary, Rivercrest Christian College.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Nelly Mikhail on 9707 7330.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cresteducation.vic.edu.au.