Heathdale Christian College (VIC) is a multi-denominational co-educational College in the Western suburbs of Melbourne, which has been partnering with parents for 39 years by providing excellent Christian Education. With two campuses and a combined enrolment base of approximately 1800 students from Kindergarten through to Year 12 (Werribee) and Prep to Year 8 (Melton), we continue to grow.
We seek to employ staff who identify with the Christian foundations, ethos and are able to demonstrate that their Christian faith is a priority in their life. We have a unique opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Communications Officer to join our Community & Development Team at Heathdale Christian College, a co-educational dual-campus school. This newly established position is responsible for activities and tasks in relation to internal and external communications including the implementation of communication plans for the College.
Are you someone who:
- Has the ability to work under pressure to manage multiple projects and completing deadlines in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Can demonstrate a high level of communication, professional and interpersonal skills when relating to staff, families and the wider community.
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility as you approach work, with the ability to manage time well.
- A team player – willing to help or provide avenues of support to other team members and colleagues if or when required.
About the role:
- Permanent Full Time
- Work across both campus locations
- Develop your Communications experience in a caring and professional environment
- Professional development is encouraged and supported
- Work as part of a team dedicated to developing our community
- Opportunity to develop new ideas
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate or have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Journalism / Public Relations / Communications)
- At least two years’ experience in a communication role including implementing communication plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillset
- Solid organisational and project management skills
- Innovative and creative mindset
- Ability to work as a team and autonomously
- Valid WWCC ‘E’ & Police Check
The College has zero tolerance for child abuse. We have established a series of Policies, Procedures and a Code of Conduct for all employees, volunteers and contractors working with our students. This is aimed to protect children from abuse and embed a culture of child safety in the school environment.
For a detailed copy of the Position Description, please visit our employment page at: https://www.heathdale.vic.edu.au/employment/
How to Apply:
To ensure success with your application, please submit:
- Cover letter
- Resume and
- General Staff application pack – General Staff Application Form
Please send applications to: email@example.com
Click on the LINK to see what our staff say about working at Heathdale Christian College.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.