Heathdale Christian College is a thriving learning community that strives to enable staff and students to fulfil their unique God-given potential. We seek to grow each student’s love for learning over their journey with us. Nurturing their sense of awe and wonder as they grow academically, personally, spiritually and through their co-curricular endeavours.
Our staff work together to create an environment geared for learning that impacts the lives of each student. This culture of excellence is built through a deep desire to show initiative, to build capacity, to learn and grow so we make things better. Ultimately fulfilling God’s call for our careers. This mindset is not self-serving. It arises from the knowledge that each member of staff serves a higher calling on their lives. ‘To God be the glory’ is not a throwaway statement for us, but rather evidence of a heart that serves God through daily work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pastoral Carer to join the Heathdale Team. As a College we believe that God calls us to minister to the whole person. In order to nurture the well-being of the students placed in our care there is a need to have access to and support of specifically trained carers within our community, our Pastoral Carers fill this specific need.
- Provide high quality, biblically directed counsel, advice and support to students and their families.
- Collaborate with the Principals to develop and implement a range of programs and interventions with students and the College community that foster general well-being, resilience and responds to identified social, emotional needs.
- Increase awareness, understanding and the capacity of staff in how to effectively support and manage student wellbeing, particularly prevention and early intervention.
- Establish and maintain links with student support agencies, school networks, with a view to optimising and co-ordinating service provision to students ‘at risk’.
- To fulfil the expectations and requirements of being one of the College’s Child Safety Officers.
Benefits of working with us:
- Our staff are encouraged to continue to develop and grow in their skills at the College
- Work in a Christian and caring work environment
- Strong support in your career
To be successful in a position, we are seeking a Pastoral Carer- Students who has:
- Minimum of degree qualification in Youth Work, Diploma in Counselling, or Certificate IV in School Chaplaincy with equivalent industry experience.
- Prior experience with students or young people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate sensitively and respectfully with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Valid WWCC ‘E’ & Police Check
- Covid – 19 Vaccination
Position closes 22nd November 2021 at 4:00pm
How to Apply:
Please go to the employment page to submit an application via the employment portal https://www.heathdale.vic.edu.au/employment/
See what our Staff say about working at Heathdale Christian College… View Video
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.