Heathdale Christian College (VIC) is a thriving learning community that strives to enable staff and students to fulfil their unique God-given potential. We seek to grow each student’s love for learning over their journey with us. Nurturing their sense of awe and wonder as they grow academically, personally, spiritually and through their co-curricular endeavours.
Our staff work together to create an environment geared for learning that impacts the lives of each student. This culture of excellence is built through a deep desire to show initiative, to build capacity, to learn and grow so we make things better. Ultimately fulfilling God’s call for our careers. This mindset is not self-serving. It arises from the knowledge that each member of staff serves a higher calling on their lives. ‘To God be the glory’ is not a throwaway statement for us, but rather evidence of a heart that serves God through daily work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Art and Graphics Teacher to join the Heathdale Team. For 4 days per week (6 months Maternity Relief). This position requires both Primary and Secondary Teachers to have the ability to effectively teach, engage and educate young people in the area of Art and Graphics within the College. Our Christ-centred education is paramount to growing our vision of the College and providing a deep and rich learning experience for our students.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Create efficient and well-guided systems for organising, retrieving and circulating resources
- Provide training and assistance to students and staff in the effective use of these systems
- Interpret information systems and technologies for students and teachers in the context of curriculum programs
Benefits of working with us:
- Our staff are encouraged to continue to develop and grow in their own abilities as educators and staff at the College
- Work in a Christian and caring work environment
- Each morning is commenced with Staff Connect Time (devotion with key updates)
- Supportive Pastoral Care Team
- Prayer Partners are allocated each year for staff
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum Degree in Education with experience as a Art and Graphics Teacher and able to teach Prep-Year 9
- Valid VIT registration
- Strong verbal and written communication skillset
- First Aid qualified
- CPR qualified
- Anaphylaxis qualified
- Covid -19 Vaccination
How to Apply:
Please go to the employment page to submit an application via the employment portal https://www.heathdale.vic.edu.au/employment/
The College has a zero tolerance of child abuse. We have established a series of Policies, Procedures and a Code of Conduct for all employees, volunteers and contractors working with our students. This is aimed to protect children from abuse and embed a culture of child safety in the school environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.