Heathdale Christian College (VIC) is a thriving learning community that strives to enable staff and students to fulfil their unique God-given potential. We seek to grow each student’s love for learning over their journey with us. Nurturing their sense of awe and wonder as they grow academically, personally, spiritually and through their co-curricular endeavours. Our staff work together to create an environment geared for learning that impacts the lives of each student. This culture of excellence is built through a deep desire to show initiative, to build capacity, to learn and grow so we make things better. Ultimately fulfilling God’s call for our careers. This mindset is not self-serving. It arises from the knowledge that each member of staff serves a higher calling on their lives. ‘To God be the glory’ is not a throwaway statement for us, but rather evidence of a heart that serves God through daily work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Learning and Enhancement Teacher to join the Heathdale Team.
Teaching positions are integral to the College and those who are successful in the role will ensure that the core values of the College are upheld and pursue the purpose of providing a Christ centered education to students.
Benefits of working with us:
• Our staff are encouraged to continue to develop and grow in their own abilities as educators at the College
• Work in a Christian and caring work environment
• Strong support in your career
To be successful in a position, we are seeking a Learning and Enhancement Teacher who has:
• Minimum Degree in Education with specialised experience working with students with additional needs.
• Advantageous of Master of Early Intervention or relevant higher qualification
• Ability to communicate with clarity and empathy.
• Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality in all communication
• Training in supporting students specifically diagnosed with ASD, dyslexia, severe language disorder, working memory and processing difficulties.
• Continued pursuit of current trends, research and programs.
• Knowledge of classroom practices and pedagogy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skillset.
• The ability to work on a flexible basis and to work with various teaching staff and students.
• Valid VIT registration
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• First Aid qualified
• CPR qualified
• Anaphylaxis qualified
• Covid -19 Vaccinated
Please refer to the relevant position description for further information.
Positions Close: 4pm, Thursday 25th November 2021
How to Apply:
Please go to the employment page to submit an application via the employment portal https://www.heathdale.vic.edu.au/employment/ For further details please contact the People and Development on email@example.com or look at our ‘Employment’ section of our webpage www.heathdale.vic.edu.au
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.