Maitland Christian School (NSW)
Maitland Christian School is a growing School of 500 students from Prep to year 12. With a newly released strategic plan for the next 5 years and a master plan to see our School launch into the next decade we are looking for staff to join the team who are excited for the future.
About the role
Due to student growth and organisational expansion, Maitland Christian School is excited to be seeking expressions of interest for the role of Head of Primary (Coordinator 3) commencing at the start of the 2021 school year. This new executive position is a strategic leadership role to work closely with the Principal and the School's strategic leadership team.
This is a full-time equivalent role commencing in Term One 2021 with a teaching load.
Applications must be made at our website: https://www.maitlandcs.nsw.edu.au/contact-us/employment/
Benefits and perks
Maitland is a fantastic place to work! Located a 45-minute drive from the beaches of Newcastle and close to the gorgeous Hunter Valley our School is perfectly positioned for those who are looking to move to take on a new role and live a better life in an affordable area. There are excellent opportunities for personal growth at the School with an opportunity to make a real difference.
Skills and experience
- A committed Christian actively involved in their local church;
- Passion, heart and capacity to make a difference in young people's lives;
- A relational leader, able to grow staff vision and capacity for Christian Education;
- A willingness to learn, grow and be coached as a teacher and leader;
- Actively able to subscribe to, promote and live out the Statement of Faith and Biblical Values of Maitland Christian School Limited;
- A passion for and ability to further develop a transformational Christian Education integrated into the curriculum and delivered in framework with an increasing missional focus and outworking;
- A commitment to work and lead the Primary School within a collaborative team and executive environment;
- An understanding of Christian Education in the context of a ministry of a local Church;
- The ability to operate in a strengths-based framework  and to develop staff and student culture around this framework;
- The capacity to lead a team collaboratively in the development, implementation and oversight of a Christian Studies program deepening staff and students in their understanding of biblical and systematic theology;
- Experience in the delivery and leadership of quality teaching practices based on an evidenced-based quality explicit teaching framework;
- A leader able to work with flexibility and innovation to oversee a differentiated learning environment for Literacy and Numeracy, expediting and supporting student learning outcomes;
- A collaborative leader who can interact with the Instructional Coaching Team to effect improved students learning outcomes across the Primary School;
- Well-developed communication, administration and interpersonal skills;
- A leader with an understanding of the requirements of supporting students with learning diagnosis in a mainstream classroom environment.