Charlotte Mason College - Kallangur QLD
German Teacher (Years 5 to 8)
About Charlotte Mason College (CMC)
CMC is a private, independent school that is accredited by the Office of Non-State Schooling Queensland, and is affiliated with the association Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) and the Christian Schools Association. The school is funded by the State and Federal Government plus parent fees. CMC offers both classroom and distance education programs from Preparatory to Year 10.
We are a co-educational, Christian school offering an alternative model of education. Our learning program is framed around the Charlotte Mason Method, with a focus on ‘learning how to learn’ and developing positive ‘habits of mind and heart’. We emphasise a broad general and cultural education within the classical liberal arts and sciences.
About the role
We are seeking applications for a suitably qualified German teacher, for our On-Campus classes and Distance Education Program. This is a casual 6 hour per week position.
Successful candidates will inspire students in their learning, be flexible and adaptable with their teaching style, have solid organisational skills and be eager to work closely with a team of experienced teachers.
- a current teacher registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- the desire to teach in an environment where both Christian values and academic excellence are emphasised
- the experience and ability to teach the German language from Years 5 to 8
- the ability to deliver curriculum in a highly engaging way, using best practice pedagogy
- the outlook of a team player
- proven ability to drive academic achievement whilst supporting a diversity of learners
- the ability to integrate digital technologies into the classroom
- the ability to use, or willingness to learn, a Learning Management System.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter detailing your ability to meet the above criteria to:
Applications close: 7th August 2020