Website Freshwater Christian College
Life | Love | Learn
Life | Love | Learn
Freshwater Christian College (QLD) is a leading independent Christian College educating boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our campus is located in Brinsmead, in the beautiful tropical city of Cairns.
The College is dedicated to seeing all students flourish relative to their God-given potential. Our Curriculum and accompanying programs are designed to address the holistic needs of all students appropriate to their developmental stage and learning style. We are a
- High-quality, innovative professional learning community
- Supportive and friendly environment
- Ranked as one of the top-performing schools in Far North Queensland
About the role
We are seeking a Learning Support/Teacher Aide to provide support to teachers in the delivery of educational programs to students in a variety of ways.
This position is part-time during school Terms only.
Key responsibilities include
- Works with teaching staff to develop and provide a creative learning environment;
- Supports teaching staff in the inclusion of all students including students with disabilities, including general classroom support, supervision one on one and small groups, preparation of materials, and other tasks as required to promote learning;
- Maintains classroom and outdoor storage areas where applicable;
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations as requested by your Head of Department (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, behaviour management, Support Plans, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions;
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. lunch, bus stops, playground, classroom, restroom, field trips, assemblies, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment;
- Provides instruction, under the supervision of the teacher, to the students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, giving oral tests, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing Support Plans, and ensuring students’ success in school;
Skills and experience include
- Must hold a current positive notice (Qld Working with Children Check) Blue Card prior to commencement;
- Be able to sign and abide by the College’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Statement
- Be able to abide by the Staff Code of Conduct at all times
- Ability to work with all members of the College community (teaching and non-teaching staff, parents, students and visitors) both individually and as a member of a team;
- Ability to use Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite at an intermediate level;
- Experience in a school environment, working with students with disabilities;
- A willingness to assist in extracurricular activities after normal working hours;
- Certificate III or IV or Diploma in Education Support
The successful candidates will be fully aligned with the values and Christian beliefs of Freshwater Christian College and be seeking a role where they utilise their talents and skills to make a difference in the lives of our students and the College community.
If you would like to be part of our friendly, innovative, and supportive community, go to https://fcc.qld.edu.au/employment/ and download the application form.
- your completed Application, with
- your Resume, and
- a recently written reference from your current Pastor/Minister,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.