Website Freshwater Christian College
Life | Love | Learn
Life | Love | Learn
Freshwater Christian College (QLD) is a leading independent Christian College educating boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our campus is located in Brinsmead, in the beautiful tropical city of Cairns.
The College is dedicated to seeing all students flourish relative to their God-given potential. Our Curriculum and accompanying programs are designed to address the holistic needs of all students appropriate to their developmental stage and learning style.
- We are a high-quality, innovative professional learning community
- Supportive and friendly environment
- Ranked as one of the top-performing schools in Far North Queensland
About the role
We are seeking a highly talented ICT System Administrator to assist the ICT Director in providing smooth and reliable operations of the network and computer systems at the College, enabling teaching, administrative staff, and students to operate efficiently and effectively.
This position will be permanent part-time (initially 3-4 days per week).
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have at least 12 months experience with;
- Windows or Linux server administration;
- service and management of either Windows, Apple, and/or Google Chrome OS or Android devices;
- the configuration and maintenance of switched and wireless networks, including specific experience with either Cisco, HP, Dell, Aruba, Xirrus, Ruckus, Juniper, or Extreme network products.
They will also have
- A good working knowledge of all networking fundamentals, including a thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, subnets, VLANs, etc
- Experience in building and deploying software images over a network (i.e. PXE or NetBoot).
- Good communication and documentation skills;
- Motivated and able to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the work dictates;
- Able to find and research information in order to identify solutions to problems;
- Ability to troubleshoot through systematic processes of observation and elimination;
- Hold a Positive Notice (Working with Children Check) Queensland Blue Card;
- Be fully aligned with the values, virtues and Christian beliefs of Freshwater Christian College, and
- be seeking a role where they are able to utilise their talents and skills to make a difference in the lives of our students and the College community.
How to apply
Go to https://fcc.qld.edu.au/employment/ and download the non-teaching staff application form.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- your completed non-teaching staff application, with
- your resume and evidence of qualifications, and
- a recently written reference from your current Pastor/Minister.
4 pm, Monday 14 June 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.