International Christian School, Hong Kong
The incumbent will play a key role in developing and delivering stimulating and effective instruction, a learning environment that facilitates the achievement of desired learning outcomes [i.e. the Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs)], and a curriculum that integrates biblical understandings.
- Prepare lesson plans that embody that the School’s learning principles that meet diverse student learning needs.
- Manage student behavior and classroom discipline
- Evaluate students’ academic and behavioral performance, track their progress and set targets for improvement.
- Respond to student’s emotional and social needs and develop ways to contribute to spiritual growth of students.
- Ensure effective and efficient resource management.
- Meet with parents regularly regarding course expectations, students’ progress and struggles, homework, behavior, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGDE (Postgraduate Diploma of Education), or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Preferred at least 2 years of classroom teaching experience.
- Previous experience in an international school and familiarity with North American curriculum is highly preferred.
- Commitment to working with students with a genuine love. Passionate in nurturing students with patience care, understanding and empathy. Have a positive and optimistic outlook and warm personality.
- Ability to manage students effectively. Able to stay calm in difficult situations.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes.