Taree Christian College, NSW
Education Support Teacher 2021
(Possibility of Coordinator for suitably qualified and experienced applicants)
Full-time (commencing January 2021)
Taree Christian College has a total K-12 student enrolment of 640 students (17% Indigenous) and is situated in the Greater Taree region on the mid-north coast of NSW. A vacancy has arisen for an Education Support Teacher.
The successful applicant must:
- be a practising Christian, active in a church and subscribe to the Statement of Faith (available on the College website);
- hold tertiary qualifications in Special or Inclusive Education (or similar) and be passionate about supporting students with disabilities (SWD);
- demonstrate knowledge of and experience in teaching early numeracy and literacy skills;
- have experience in the implementation of the Nationally Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD), Disability Discrimination Act and Levels of Adjustment;
- be able to complete and submit NESA HSC Disability provisions applications and support students who study NESA Life Skills courses; and,
- have experience in:
- developing Individual Learning Plans (ILP) and conducting assessments including YARC, PAT, SENA 1 and 2, phonemic awareness screening and other sensory assessments;
- literacy development programs such as Reading Tutor Program, MiniLit, Pre-Lit and Rip It Up Reading as well as The Listening Program;
- Identifying students for and implementing sensory movement programs such as Move To Learn or fine motor programs for younger students.
Additional criteria for the Position of Coordinator (Position of Responsibility Level 1)
- be able to lead team meetings within the Education Support Centre;
- have experience in leading teacher professional development about SWD;
- coordinate Teacher Aides;
- be able to provide high-level advice to senior staff about SWD; and,
- have had experience working positively and effectively with parents of students with learning difficulties.
Applicants must complete and submit:
- an Application for Employment and
- a separate CV in which the applicant addresses the above selection criteria.
The successful applicant must satisfy NSW Working with Children and NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) teacher employability requirements and be eligible to work in Australia.
Applications should be addressed to the Principal, Mr David Coleman, and close on Friday, 23 October 2020. Interested applicants should download an application form from the College website www.tareeccs.nsw.edu.au/ Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org