Website Donvale Christian College
Donvale Christian College, VIC
Position: Art Assistant
Accountable to: Deputy Principal – Head of Primary
Major Relationships: Primary Art Specialist Teachers
Position Details: 27 hours per week (8:00am – 3:30pm with 45 mins for lunch) (4 days per week), Student days only (FTE 0.5720)
To commence 28 January 2022.
Applicants are invited to provide a concise curriculum vitae including personal details, church involvement, career experience, academic attainments and addressing the criteria listed in this Position Description under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Three referees are required to be listed, including one church reference demonstrating an active faith.
Applications which will be received as advertised until Sunday, 5 December 2021 and should be marked ‘Primary Art Assistant’ and sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the College does not accept unsolicited agency approaches. We expect candidates to apply directly.
Donvale Christian College:
Donvale Christian College is located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne having opened in 1975. The current enrolment is over 1600 students from Prep to Year 12 and the total number of employees is approximately 200.
Donvale Christian College is governed, as provided for in its Constitution, by the College Board. The Board are elected by the members of the College. The full range of Christian denominations is represented in the parent body of the College. There is no position on the Board elected or appointed by any single church community. The Board is totally elected by the membership of Donvale Christian College Ltd. The Principal is appointed by the Board and together they appoint staff.
Because members of the Donvale Christian College community come from many different Christian faith traditions, and to ensure a sense of harmony between home and School, the College has adopted a Statement of Faith based on a Christian worldview. All parents and Staff are specifically asked if their faith commitment is echoed in the words of this Statement of Faith and they are requested to indicate agreement when applying for the enrolment of their children or employment at the College.
Staff members are expected to actively support the Christian aims of the College. Membership of a Bible based worship community is one of the criteria that has to be satisfied to successfully gain employment.
The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Protection and Safety Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check/VIT and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
As part of the DCC community, the role of the Art Assistant is to assist and provide support in the Primary Art department. Part of this role will also include crossing supervision four mornings a week from 8:00am – 8:45am.
The core business of Donvale Christian College is to be a biblically directed learning community. Everyone and everything in this community serves this purpose. Each person in the College community has been gifted by God to make his or her contribution to the learning and teaching for which God has brought the College into being.
All staff are required to:
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission, objectives and philosophy. In particular, staff are expected to role model an active Christian faith that will be demonstrated in part by an active involvement in the wider Christian Church.
- Be Christian role models and examples to all people associated with the College.
- Participate in leading College devotions that involve staff and students and attendance at the staff retreat.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation/pack up of materials e.g. paint, glue, paper, fabric, newspaper, mixed media before and between classes.
- Sorting class work, returning artworks to classes.
- Assist with assembling and dismantling displays, plus any necessary maintenance of displays.
- Assist with stocktake and ensuring that equipment is appropriately cleaned and in working order.
- Assist with storeroom management e.g. sorting and storing donated items.
- Assistance with photographing artworks and samples for student digital files.
- Assistance with changeover of classes, helping students locate and put on smocks, handing out materials.
- Photocopying and laminating.
- Other duties as directed.
- Attend and supervise allocated school crossing during designated times.
- Provide clear instructions with all pedestrians, assisting them to cross safely.
- Monitor traffic flow through the College.
Position Requirements: Knowledge and Experience
- Working with Children check is essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Friendly and courteous.
- Good road safety skills.
All staff are expected to:
- Support the College’s guidelines and policies.
- Implement the programs, teaching practices and other activities as decided by the College.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects and responds to continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of their team/s to meet organisational objectives. This includes demonstrating appropriate and professional workplace behaviours, assisting team members if required and undertaking other key responsibilities or activities as directed by one’s supervisor.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s zero tolerance for child abuse and in accordance with the College’s Child Safety policies.
- Familiarise themselves and comply with the relevant College policies including Occupational Health and Safety.
Applications to include:
- Applications which will be received as advertised until Sunday, 5 December 2021 and should be marked ‘Primary Art Assistant’ sent via email to: email@example.com
- Including a covering letter
- Provide a concise curriculum vitae including personal details, church involvement, career experience and academic attainments.
- Three referees are required to be listed, – included in the three is to be one church reference demonstrating an active faith.
The College reserves the right to interview candidates prior to the advertisement closing date. If you are successful in obtaining an interview you will be contacted by telephone. If your application is not successful, you will be notified by email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.