|Position title||Director – HOPE International School|
|Location||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Employment Status||Full-time Contract (3 years minimum)|
|Commencement Date||April to June 2020 or later by negotiation|
|Enquiries/Contact||Ann Greve, HOPE Board Chair|
|Closing date||Tentatively 31st October 2020|
About HOPE International School
HOPE International School is a Christian international school that exists to provide quality Christ-centered educational services to families living and serving in Cambodia.
Founded in 2002, HOPE International School has grown to become a vibrant and engaging school community that shares a vision of advancing world missions and seeing our students impact the world for Christ.
With 350 students representing over 30 nationalities based across our two campuses in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, HOPE strives to provide high-quality educational opportunities to all of our students within a truly international context.
HOPE utilizes a rigorous internationally recognized curriculum across all year levels (Preschool to Year 12) and biblical education is core to the HOPE experience. Students learn in a Christian environment that focuses on their spiritual development as well as providing opportunities to achieve in their academic and extracurricular pursuits.
About the job
As the Director of HOPE International School you will provide vision, leadership, and strategic oversight to the operations of HOPE International School (two campuses) in Cambodia.
Recognizing and celebrating HOPE’s core vision and the firm foundations upon which HOPE has been built, you will have the opportunity to lead the school into a new season of growth and development within a complex country and rapidly changing environment.
Reporting to the HOPE Board, your role will be critical in defining and realizing the strategic vision and mission of HOPE School and you will work closely with the school leadership team to see this vision continually come to life.
Your passion for the Lord Jesus, education, service, and global missions will be central to your calling to serve at HOPE School. You will shepherd with integrity, determination, and intelligence. You will be committed to championing our school as it seeks to educate students, partner with parents, support staff and model Christ-centered values so that the gospel and missions can be advanced globally.
Duties and responsibilities
In consultation and collaboration with the HOPE International School Board, members of the HOPE leadership team, staff, parents and school community, the Director is responsible for:
- Seeking by personal example to demonstrate servant leadership by actively living out a Christian faith, service and mission.
- Leading and guiding HOPE International School in the realization of its strategic vision through the innovation and implementation of the HOPE Strategic Plan and related operational plans.
- Championing and maintaining a Christ-centered culture within the school.
ADVISOR TO THE BOARD
- Serving as the primary advisor to the HOPE Board and working collaboratively with the Board in the overall governance of the School by leading the creation and execution of strategic vision and operational plans.
- Advising and making wise recommendations to the Board regarding advancing HOPE’s educational standards and accreditations; budgets and financial management; facilities management; operations and human resources.
EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE & INNOVATION
- Supporting the effective implementation of an innovative teaching and learning framework aligned with HOPE’s Biblical worldview, promoting consistent school-wide discipleship.
- Ensuring delivery of an internationally accredited curriculum for enhanced educational outcomes for all students.
- Staying abreast of current research regarding education, effective pedagogy, innovative curriculum development and the efficient administration of the school, plus supporting the professional development of staff.
MANAGEMENT and STAFFING
- Using a pastoral approach with HOPE staff to ensure a supportive, healthy team environment, enhancing educational excellence and staff retention rates within the school.
- Actively recruiting to ensure that the school is staffed efficiently and effectively to deliver high quality educational programs, curricula, and support services.
SCHOOL COMMUNITY and RELATIONSHIPS
- Fostering a vibrant, connected and Christ-centered environment both within HOPE School and between HOPE and the wider community.
- Providing leadership, guidance and support in order to build and maintain a strong sense of unity within both campuses and the wider community.
- Foster collaboration between HOPE and key external stakeholders. These include heads of other schools, mission agencies, and relevant government Ministries.
FINANCIAL GOVERNANCE and COMPLIANCE
- Providing oversight of leadership in the financial management of HOPE School, overseeing budgetary allocations, balancing affordability and monitoring expenditure to ensure the finances and physical assets are properly administered and safeguarded and the ongoing financial sustainability and viability of HOPE School.
- Assuring compliance with the accreditation from ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International)
- Overseeing compliance with curricula and examination bodies that are utilized by HOPE School.
Are you the right person for the job?
In order to fulfill this role you must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
Strategic leadership experience
- Innovative and visionary leadership, experience in creating strategic solutions, managing change and maintaining integrity in the governance and leadership of an organization.
- A visible, relational empathetic leader who is open and communicative in style and leads with humility and intelligence in living out a sincere Christian faith.
- Able to build effective teams, lead responsibly and responsively, through empowering staff, students and the wider school community.
Commitment to Excellence
- Innovative pedagogical leadership and experience in implementing research-based best practice educational programs.
- Highly expectant of excellence and completely committed to Christ-centered, innovative education.
Outstanding Communication Skills
- Inclusive and articulate oral and written communication skills - a leader who listens well, builds trust and inspires others towards achievement of a shared vision.
- Adept in understanding cultural differences and skilled in communicating with sensitivity to a school community with unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
Commitment to Community
- Skilled in championing and fostering community, building cohesion and a shared sense of purpose in a multi-cultural context.
- Flexible, honest, transparent, resilient, and adventurous.
It is preferred that you will have:
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in education, educational administration, management or a relevant field.
- A minimum of five years experience in an executive leadership role.
- A minimum of three years experience in educational leadership role.
- Experience living and working within a cross-cultural setting.
The Director reports directly to the Board of HOPE International School. The Director will lead a team of about 100 employees across two campuses with the following managers reporting to the Director: all Principals, CFO, HR Manager, IT Manager, and Facilities Manager.
- You will need to be highly flexible, as this role will involve work outside the normal hours and regular travel within and sometimes outside Cambodia.
- You will need to agree to and uphold HOPE International School’s Child Protection policy.
- On appointment a probationary period of 6 months will apply.
Salary, Benefits and Allowances
Please refer to the HOPE International School website for more information.