DALE - St. Philip's Christian College
St Philip’s Christian College DALE, NSW
Post-School Transition Advocate 0.6FTE Position
St Philip’s Christian College DALE is seeking a well-qualified and passionate Christian to fill the Post-School Transition Advocate role. The position is a 0.6FTE 3-year appointment funded by the Schools Plus Fair Education grant. This is a new position advocating for students in our 3 campuses (Waratah, Cessnock and Gosford), through a range of activities, in preparing for their futures after graduation.
The role of the Post-School Transition Advocate is to support the students and families of the school to improve the employment and training opportunities of our graduating students post-school. The role is to build school programs, develop links with employment and other services (including disability services), in preparing students and families for wider life after leaving DALE. This necessitates supported career development and work placement, sector collaboration and building capacity. To develop in graduates the ability to “act rather than be acted upon”, to lead fulfilling independent lives that contribute to society.
As a Christian faith community committed to the ministry of Christian education, the Mission Statement of St Philip’s Christian Education Foundation states that:
St. Philip’s Christian College will continue to provide quality education in a caring, secure and challenging learning environment based on Christian beliefs, values and practice.
At St Philip’s Christian College DALE we value Christian staff who are innovative, love working with students with complex needs and who are committed and support our core values: Christ first; Do what is right; Serve one another; Strive for excellence and Build community. DALE operates on a ‘stretched’ middle school philosophy to educate our students who have diagnosed emotional, social or intellectual needs and see this environment as the ideal educational setting to meet their needs. If you want to join a dynamic team who are changing lives by inspiring young people, you are invited to apply.
We therefore seek Christians who are professionally and personally committed to bringing their evangelical and Biblically based beliefs, values and practices to this ministry of Christian education, or to their role of supporting this ministry of Christian education. If you are a passionate, experienced Christian with strong communication skills, we would love to hear from you. Application forms and other relevant information can be found on our website: www.spcc.nsw.edu.au
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
· An understanding of the vision and nature of Christian education;
· High level communication and administration skills;
· Ability to work in a team;
· Ability to work without supervision;
· Ability to support students within the classroom and in the playground;
· Be able to anticipate needs and problems that may arise;
· Be efficient and organised, demonstrating a have high level of organisational skills;
· An understanding of National Disability Insurance Scheme
· Experience in working with employment and other youth support services
· A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Excellent time-management skills;
· Professional presentation and a pleasant manner; and
· A NSW Working with Children Check is essential and employment is not able to commence without a current clearance.
Please complete the Non – Teaching Application & Employment Collection Notice found on our website https://www.spcc.nsw.edu.au/dale under the Employment tab and send to email@example.com by Friday 11 June 2021.
We strongly encourage applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage to apply.
If you have any questions please call 4949 2929.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.