Website Christian Alliance International School (Hong Kong)
Christian Alliance International School (Hong Kong)
(Ref. no.: T_2021_LSS_56_CSA)
Christian Alliance International School (CAIS) invites outstanding and passionate Christian educators to join our team in raising the next generation of students to influence society for the good of people and to the glory of God.
The successful applicant will have curriculum expertise and strong pedagogical practice to achieve outstanding learning outcomes for our students within an authentic Christian environment.
- Work closely with classroom teachers and administration in identification of learning needs, appropriate program design, and service delivery.
- Guidance to classroom teachers on appropriate instructional strategies, behavior management, data collection, observation, and feedback
- Direct special education instruction provided within the classroom through collaborative co-teaching
- Direct support for individual students through adaptations or modifications to curriculum and assessment
- Individualized or small group instruction to address academic or behavioral needs of students either within the classroom or outside for specific skill development
- Direct intensive specialized instruction utilizing specialized strategies, techniques, and, when necessary, an alternative curriculum for individuals or small groups
- Specific skill training in remediating academic, social, emotional and behavioural skill deficits
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in relevant major subject(s) with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education or equivalent teaching credential with at least 10 weeks’ practicum required; Master’s degree in special education strongly preferred
- Minimum requirement is post-graduate diploma in special education
- Previous experience as a special education or learning support teacher required
- 5 or more years of classroom teaching experience strongly preferred
- Native proficiency in spoken and written English required
- Knowledge of current trends in educational research and development pertaining to special education; Proven expertise in facilitating student-centered learning and assessment through inquiry, differentiated instruction and application of technology in teaching and learning
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is mid-August 2021. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Please refer to the detailed Employment process (Teaching positions) on the School’s website. Applications including a cover letter, current resume, Teacher Application Form, Christian Faith Questionnaire, employment reference letters, teacher certification and university transcripts should be submitted to email@example.com
Please quote the reference number of the post in your application.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only and all related information will be kept for up to 24 months.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.