Charlotte Mason College
Charlotte Mason College – Kallangur QLD
English Teacher Years 3 to 6
About Charlotte Mason College (CMC)
CMC is a private, independent school that is accredited by the Office of Non-State Schooling Queensland, and is affiliated with the association Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) and Christian Schools Australia. The school is funded by the State and Federal Government plus parent fees. CMC offers both classroom and distance education programs from Preparatory to Year 10.
We are a co-educational, Christian school. Our learning program is framed around the Charlotte Mason Method, with a focus on ‘learning how to learn’ and developing positive ‘habits of mind and heart’. We emphasise a broad general and cultural education within the classical liberal arts and sciences.
About the role
We are seeking applications for a suitably qualified English Primary Teacher, for our On-Campus classes and Distance Education Program.
Successful candidates will inspire students in their learning, be flexible and adaptable with their teaching style, have solid organisational skills and be eager to work closely with a team of experienced teachers.
- a current teacher registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- the desire to teach in an environment where both Christian values and academic excellence are emphasised
- the experience and ability to teach English to years 3 to 6
- the ability to deliver curriculum in a highly engaging way, using best practice pedagogy
- the outlook of a team player
- proven ability to drive academic achievement whilst supporting a diversity of learners
- the ability to integrate digital technologies into the classroom
- experience using a Learning Management System (LMS)
- experience within a distance education setting
- interest in transforming traditional education
- broad interests including fine arts and cultural pursuits
How to Apply
Prior to applying for this position please read our Charlotte Mason College Christian Statement of Faith.
Applicants must be actively involved in their local church. A pastoral reference from your current church leader and personal Statement of Faith must be included with your application.
- Cover letter addressing all the criteria
- Personal Statement of Faith
- Pastoral reference from your current church leader
Applications should be marked “Confidential” and forwarded to arrive by Friday 30th April 2021, to:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.