Website Chairo Christian School
Chairo Christian School, VIC
· Core Teacher (Junior School)
· Mathematics (Senior School)
· Art (Junior School & Middle School)
Large multi-campus Christian school
Part-time and full-time ongoing positions
Commencement in 2022
Job Ref: PA2119
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint various Teachers to commence in January 2022 in Junior School (Prep to Year 4), Middle School (Years 5 to 8) and/or Senior School (Years 9 to 12) at our Pakenham campus. The successful applicants may also be allocated coordinator positions, subject to experience and suitability.
The primary responsibility of these teachers will be to deliver the curriculum in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies set by the school board and leadership team, and from a Christian worldview perspective.
Chairo teachers are also expected to foster a safe and caring environment for all students while endeavouring to role model the love of Jesus Christ to all. Other responsibilities will include:
· Maintaining a learning environment in which students are encouraged to have positive attitudes towards learning, and in which challenging and achievable expectations are set for students
· Effectively assessing student performance and providing feedback in an encouraging and confidence-building manner
· Planning and carrying out daily activities to fulfil the objectives of the school’s educational policies and mission statement
· Building relationships with students and parents in a manner that establishes a partnering approach to learning
Having obtained relevant tertiary qualifications in education and being registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, the successful applicants will also possess the following important characteristics:
· Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Statement of Faith
· Experience teaching at primary and/or secondary levels
· Sound knowledge of teaching from a Christian worldview perspective
· Ability to utilise a range of teaching strategies as may be relevant
· Ability to build strong partnering relationships and communication channels with students and parents
Successful applicants will need to be in agreement with and model Chairo’s Articles of Faith.
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Note: under the current public health direction authorised by the Chief Health Officer of the Victorian Government, all staff employed to work on-site at Chairo Christian School are required to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 by 29 November 2021.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at: www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers
The closing date for applications is Sunday 21 November.
To apply for this job please visit www.chairo.vic.edu.au.