Website Chairo Christian School
Chairo Christian School, VIC
Large multi-campus Christian school
Ongoing part-time position
Job Ref: PA2122
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with over 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Library Coordinator to commence at our Pakenham campus in January 2022. The Library Coordinator assists with the individual management of the library, ensuring that it operates smoothly in a manner that promotes a healthy Christ-centred school community, and also has a teaching load.
Having obtained relevant qualifications and experience in a leadership role within a school library and being registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
· Active Christian lifestyle and demonstrated agreement with Chairo’s Statement of Faith
· Professional practitioner who has a thorough working knowledge of library services within a school environment
· Well-developed organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Passion for developing critical thinking skills in response to literature within a Christian worldview framework
· Sound knowledge of current educational practices from a Christian worldview perspective
· Ability to build strong partnering relationships and communication channels with all members of the school community
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Note: under the current public health direction authorised by the Chief Health Officer of the Victorian Government, all staff employed to work on-site at Chairo Christian School are required to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 by 29 November 2021.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at: www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers
The closing date for applications is Sunday 28 November.
To apply for this job please visit www.chairo.vic.edu.au.