Website Chairo Christian School
Chairo Christian School, VIC
Large multi-campus Christian school
Ongoing (approx. 0.5 to 0.7 FTE)
Job Ref: DR2102
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking the services of a dedicated Finance Officer to work at our Drouin campus. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a caring Christian environment and assist with all aspects of administration within the Finance Department.
Some key responsibilities will include:
· providing a godly example to students and fellow staff members through their practice, manner, relationships and general lifestyle;
· assisting with processing of both accounts payable and accounts receivable;
· assisting with the collection and processing of parent forms;
· assisting with debt collection;
· assisting with the collection and collation of purchase orders and supplier invoices;
· responding to queries and requests received from suppliers, parents, students and staff members; and
· general administration duties to support the everyday requirements of the Finance Department.
Having obtained relevant experience in office administration, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
· Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Articles of Faith
· Qualifications or experience in GST and basic accounting principles
· Friendly and professional demeanour
· Excellent people and communication skills
· High standard of computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel, and keyboard skills
· Attention to detail with high proof-reading skills and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers.
The closing date for applications is Monday 26 July.
To apply for this job please visit www.chairo.vic.edu.au.