Website Chairo Christian School
Chairo Christian School, VIC
Middle School Core Teacher
Large multi-campus Christian school
Full-time ongoing position
Job Ref: DR2117
Chairo Christian School is a growing non-denominational Christian school with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Core Teacher to commence in Middle School (Years 5 to 8) at our Drouin Campus in January 2022. The primary responsibility of this teacher will be to deliver the curriculum in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies set by the school board and leadership team, and from a Christian worldview perspective.
Chairo teachers are also expected to foster a safe and caring environment for all students while endeavouring to role model the love of Jesus Christ to all. Other responsibilities will include:
· Maintaining a learning environment in which students are encouraged to have positive attitudes towards learning, and in which challenging and achievable expectations are set for students
· Effectively assessing student performance and providing feedback in an encouraging and confidence-building manner
· Planning and carrying out daily activities to fulfil the objectives of the school’s educational policies and mission statement
· Building relationships with students and parents in a manner that establishes a partnering approach to learning
Having obtained relevant tertiary qualifications in education and being registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
· Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Statement of Faith
· Experience in teaching at Years 5 to 8 levels (desirable)
· Sound knowledge of teaching from a Christian worldview perspective
· Ability to utilise a range of teaching strategies as may be relevant
· Ability to build strong partnering relationships and communication channels with students and parents
Successful applicants will need to be in agreement with and model Chairo’s Statement of Faith.
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Note: under the current public health direction authorised by the Chief Health Officer of the Victorian Government, all staff employed to work on-site at Chairo Christian School are required to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 by 29 November 2021.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at: www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers
The closing date for applications is Sunday 21 November.
To apply for this job please visit www.chairo.vic.edu.au.