Website Chairo Christian School
Chairo Christian School, VIC
Casual Relief Teachers
Large multi-campus Christian school
Job Ref: WS2202
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south-eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint Casual Relief Teachers to be available to work on a casual basis at any or all of our campuses. The primary responsibility of these teachers will be to deliver the curriculum in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies set by the school board and leadership team, and from a Christian worldview perspective.
Chairo teachers are also expected to foster a safe and caring environment for all students while endeavouring to role model the love of Jesus Christ to all. Other responsibilities will include:
· Maintaining a learning environment in which students are encouraged to have positive attitudes towards learning, and in which challenging and achievable expectations are set for students
· Fulfilling daily requirements as directed by the Daily Organiser and/or Head of School
· Carrying out daily activities to fulfil the aims and objectives set out by the classroom teacher
Having obtained relevant tertiary qualifications in education and being registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, the successful candidates will also possess the following important characteristics:
· Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Statement of Faith
· Sound knowledge of teaching from a Christian worldview perspective
· Ability to utilise a range of teaching strategies as may be relevant
· Knowledge of, and experience in, relevant curriculum areas
· Ability to develop relationships with students that encourage positive attitudes to learning.
Successful applicants will need to be in agreement with and model Chairo’s Statement of Faith.
The safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our students is a high priority. As part of our recruitment process, Chairo undertakes rigorous reference and background checking including, Working with Children and Police Record checks. Before applying, applicants are requested to review Chairo’s Child Safety booklet.
Please note that under the current Pandemic (Workplace) Order 2022 authorised by the Minister of Health of the Victorian Government, all staff members employed to work at Chairo Christian School are required to be fully vaccinated (triple dosed) against COVID-19.
Applications for this position should be made by completing an online application and submitting this, together with your covering letter and resume, at: www.chairo.vic.edu.au/careers
The closing date for applications is Sunday 5 June.
To apply for this job please visit www.chairo.vic.edu.au.