Cedar College, SA
Cedar College is an R-12 co-educational Christian school, situated in the suburb of Northgate, South Australia, 8 km north-east of the Adelaide CBD.
For 25 years, Cedar College has encouraged students in Primary and High School to Discover Jesus – as we value Christ as the foundation for real life, Display Love – in a supportive community with genuine relationships, and Develop Self – through our high standards in education.
We are looking for a passionate ESO who will hold close to the values of the School, and will work collaboratively with Primary School Leadership and the special education and wellbeing teams.
Position Title: Student Needs – Education Support Officer
Type: Permanent Part-Time
FTE equivalent: 0.768 (35 hours per week for 40 weeks) + 4 holiday weeks paid
Reports to: Primary School Leadership
Tenure: To be reviewed annually
FTE Salary: Commensurate with qualifications & experience
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a passionate ESO who will hold close to the values of the School and those outlined in Position Information Document, as they work collaboratively with Primary School Leadership and the special education and wellbeing teams.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS AND CHECKS:
Tertiary qualifications related to Special Needs Students and/or Certificate III in Education Support or equivalent, a current Working with Children Check, and complete the RRHAN-EC training (Responding to the Risk of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care training) prior to commencing employment at Cedar College.
DETAILS SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
At Cedar College we believe that children are created in the image of God and therefore are valued as unique and capable individuals, full of potential. Our teachers and support staff are responsible for creating welcoming learning environments that are positive, supportive and engaging. We want all of our students to feel comfortable and safe, and to have the opportunity to learn and grow academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. With a strong focus on building relationships, our students develop a sense of community and belonging that will support them in maximising their learning outcomes. Our support staff work alongside teachers to support students to experience learning in a way that meets their needs, helping them to become independent learners who develop a love of learning.
- You will need to demonstrate a sincere commitment to Jesus Christ, the philosophy of Christian Education, and be actively involved in your local church.
- Special Education training is preferred.
- Experience in working with children with diverse needs, this will include, but is not limited to, children with a diagnosis or challenging behaviours.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the spectrum of learning difficulties and an awareness of the types of adjustments required to support student success.
- Passionate about seeing improved learning outcomes for all students.
- Ideally this candidate would be familiar with ‘The Way to A’ program, The Zones of Regulation and What’s the Buzz?
- Be reliable and responsible in building trust within the Cedar community and acting with excellence and integrity.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with students and families in a positive, sensitive and respectful manner.
- Ability to model and develop positive relationships with students and foster their social and emotional development.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and a willingness to grow. This will include researching and seeking professional development opportunities to up-skill in a range of current student support methods/programs.
Applicants will need to complete an application form (obtainable by calling (08) 8261 3377) and attach a cover letter outlining their own beliefs about supporting children with diverse needs, their experience in this area, and how they would be a valuable addition to our Primary School team.
Applications Close: 4pm, Monday November 8, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.