Website Casino Christian School
Casino Christian School (CCS), NSW is an exciting, growing K-12 school of 300 students. Located in the peaceful,
semi-rural setting of North Casino we provide families from Casino, the regional centre, Lismore, and the
town of Kyogle, with an opportunity for high quality, Christian education. We provide a secure and caring
learning environment that meets the needs of a diverse range of learners. The school is governed by the
Presbyterian Church of NSW and affiliated with both Christian Schools Australia and the Association of
Independent Schools NSW.
Applications are invited from committed protestant Christians for the position of English Teacher as
demonstrated by an active involvement in their local church and a consistent Christian lifestyle.
Status Part Time (3 days)
Start date: 5th September 2022
End Date: 10th December 2025
Please note, this position is subject to funding from external bodies. It is hoped that this position may
continue beyond the end date.
Applications close: Sunday 28th August 2022
Contact: Graeme Jolliffe (Principal)
The applicant will have:
• A Working With Children Check
• An ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
• An ability to relate well to students, parents, the community and colleagues
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good organisational ability
The applicant will be:
• A committed Christian and an active member of a church
The successful applicant will be a Bundjalung person.
Prospective applicants should download the Non-Teacher Application form and the Aboriginal Education
Officer Position Description at www.ccs.nsw.edu.au/employment, complete the form and then upload the
• Non-Teacher Application Form
Position Description: Aboriginal Education Officer
Classification: Student Support
Directly Responsible to the Deputy Principal
• Establishing and expanding links with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members of the
• Improve Literacy and Numeracy outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
• Developing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture in the school.
Specific responsibilities include any or all of the following:
• Work with students to improve their literacy and numeracy skills
• Liaise with Bundjalung Elders for their approval for school Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
• Liaise with Bundjalung Elders to address teachers regarding Bundjalung Nation protocols. E.g.
acknowledgement of traditional custodians, student dance, artwork.
• Attend AECG meetings
• Attend Waratah Project Meetings
• Create opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, in particular Bundjalung
people, to come into the school to speak to students.
• Continue to develop the Yarn Circle.
• Develop cultural activities wih students.
• Create opportunities for students and staff to learn Bundjalung language.
• Organise NAIDOC & Reconciliation Day celebrations
• Organise professional learning for staff to incorporate Aboriginal activities into programs.
• Work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to increase their engagement with school.
• Any other duties that the Principal (or delegate) may assign from time to time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.