Website Carmichael Kids
Carmichael Kids Early Learning and Kindergarten (QLD) is a faith-based Christian, not-for-profit Centre located on the Carmichael Campus in Morayfield, Qld.
Carmichael Kindergarten offers long day care and a Christian-inspired program in our stand-alone Kindergarten facility. Children learn through varied experiences and activities, equipping them with essential skills which prepare them for school and beyond.
We are seeking a confident, passionate, qualified Kindergarten Teacher to join our team and lead our funded programs. Our newly-built facility is equipped with a library, planning facilities, parent meeting place, state-of-the-art playground and an interactive kitchen. Unique in its design, the Centre lends itself to intentional teaching opportunities in the outdoor classroom, while recognising the importance of play and learning in all environments.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Implement the Early Years Learning Framework and Qld Kindergarten Learning Guidelines.
- When planning and programming, incorporate the Carmichael philosophy and play-based learning experiences, eg inclusive programs for children based on individual needs. (Our leadership team supports all teachers with planning and programming.)
- Build positive relationships with parents and children.
- Ensure the care and development of each child in the group and monitor their educational achievement.
- Provide leadership to Kindergarten room Educators.
- Integrate the Christian faith and character development in all aspects of our Kindergarten environment.
You will have:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent.
- First Aid and Anaphylaxis Training.
- Asthma Management Training.
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card).
- A passion for Faith-based teaching.
- Confidence in implementing the EYLF and the QKLG.
- A sound understanding of the Federal Law and Regulations and NQF.
- Working knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What is on offer to you:
- Discounted childcare benefits.
- Professional Development days.
- Supportive leadership and friendly staff team.
If you are passionate about working with children in a supportive Christian environment and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of experience do you have as a Kindergarten teacher?
- Do you have a current Working with Children Check (Blue Card)?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the EYLF and QKLG?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the NQF?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.