Website Carmichael College
Preparing students for life through excellence in education
Carmichael College, QLD We are seeking an able-bodied Grounds and Maintenance Assistant who is able to contribute to the Campus by working hard, multi-tasking while keeping our grounds and buildings in tip-top condition! Key Responsibilities Maintenance and repairs of campus grounds, facilities and equipment for College, Church and Café. Key Functions
- In collaboration with Campus managers, maintain and repair campus property, grounds, facilities, services and equipment in support of campus requirements.
- Ensure all WHS practices and procedures are implemented and followed by staff and contractors.
- Operate within maintenance budget guidelines and ensure value-for-money procurement processes.
- Provide hands-on assistance.
- Out-of-hours and on-call work will be required.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Valid Blue Card (Working with Children Check QLD)
- General handyman skills and experience
- Physically fit and able to work long days in the sun
- Confidence in driving zero turn mower / tractor
- Experience using machinery and equipment (whipper snipper, hedger, power tools)
- Fast learner
- Team player.
Tasks 1. General Campus Support
- Provide general support across campus as required and appropriate.
- Perform duties in cooperation with Campus staff.
2. Buildings and Property Maintenance and Cleaning
- Mowing, gardening, weeding, hedging, cleaning, shovelling bark / dirt, lifting (eg boulders, boxes, equipment).
- Maintain buildings, fixtures, fittings and services in a serviceable and usable condition, in accordance with WHS guidelines.
- Repair or replace damaged furniture, equipment, fixtures, fittings.
- Assist with cleaning duties where required.
- Assist with pest management where required.
3. Campus events
- Assist with preparing grounds and setting up equipment and furniture for campus events, including those for the College, Church and / or Café.
4. Traffic Control, Car Parking and Crossing Duty
- Assist with traffic control, car parking and pedestrian crossing supervision as required.
5. Servicing and Maintenance of Vehicles and Equipment
- Assist with servicing and maintenance of vehicles and equipment as required.
6. Site works and construction
- Provide support for site works and building and construction projects as required.
7. Work with Contractors
- Work alongside contractors engaged in installation and maintenance duties as required and appropriate.
Salary by negotiation based on experience and qualifications.
Reference from current church leader required.
Enquiries and Position Description available from: Brad Suosaari 0403 187 078 email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.