Website Carmichael Campus
Preparing students for life through excellence in education
Youth Worker – Carmichael Campus, QLD
Carmichael College is a Prep to Yr 8 co-ed, non-denominational Christian College situated in Morayfield, Qld. Creekside Community Church is co-located on campus.
Suitably experienced applicants are invited to apply for the position of Youth Worker. This is a full-time role combined between the college and church.
Purpose of the role
Working with the Carmichael College Pastoral Care team, provide support and care for high school students to facilitate the building of healthy community, with an emphasis on pointing students to Jesus and connecting them with Creekside Community Church.
Lead Creekside Community Church’s efforts to minister to high school students connected with Carmichael College and/or Creekside Community Church. This requires moving them through the church’s discipleship pathway (connect > explore > grow > serve) to grow them as disciples of Jesus.
- Actively prioritising and pursuing his / her own relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated consistent Christ-like character
- Pastoral heart / empathy and care for people
- Demonstrated integrity in leadership
- Ability to build and lead teams of volunteers
- Ability to work with and communicate with young people from a variety of backgrounds
- Develop relationships of trust with staff, students and parents in order to provide pastoral care and support and assist young people in their faith development
- Maintain regular communication with Campus leaders, church ministry leaders and parents regarding pastoral support matters relating to young people
- Facilitate and develop pathways for Carmichael students to connect into Creekside Community Church
- Attend / participate in lunchtime sports activities
- Facilitate Character Challenges for high school classes
- Attend and support Campus events and activities
- Facilitate pastoral / educational / evangelistic programs for high school students, eg Youth Alpha.
- Conduct home visits where appropriate, eg illness or injury.
- Support Carmichael College pastoral care team Chaplaincy / pastoral care initiatives.
- Regularly attend and participate in Creekside Community Church Sunday services.
- Oversee youth ministry programming throughout the church including:
- Regular attendance at youth group and leadership of youth group team
- Involvement in and recruitment of high school students to attend relevant youth events
- Recruit, develop and deploy youth ministry volunteers.
Apply / Enquire
Forward CV, Cover Letter and Reference from current church leader to:
Brad Suosaari, People and Culture Advisor email@example.com 0403 187 078
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.