Website CAPS Coolgardie
STUDENT SUPPORT OFFICER – FEMALE
Commencement – As soon as possible
Closing Date – 27/02/24 at 5pm
VISION: To be a lighthouse in Christian education, growing and adapting to meet the needs of Aboriginal (First Nations) students.
MISSION: To provide a Christ-centred education, that nurtures students spiritually, educationally, and socially, in an inclusive learning environment that embraces the richness of the Aboriginal (First Nations) heritage.
To discover and develop God-given talents, grounded in biblical truths, equipping students with life skills, preparing them to be leaders in their communities and to make a positive difference in the world.
The Student Support Officer will work collaboratively with the Principal to provide support to students in a range of settings, encourage positive engagement and achievement at school through providing an environment that nurtures emotional, physical and academic wellbeing of all students.
Full – Time 1.0 FTE
This position will report directly to the Principal.
SKILLS – ESSENTIAL
● Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
● Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to develop positive partnerships with schools, staff, and wider community.
● Able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
● Effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities within timelines.
● Good research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
● Skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students experiencing difficulties.
● Knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations, and services.
SKILLS – DESIRABLE
● Experience in or willing to learn school data management system.
● Current First Aid Qualifications or willingness to obtain.
● Willingness to obtain National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check as required.
Duties and responsibilities
● Improve the wellbeing, resilience, and social behaviours of students by working in partnership with the Principal, Deputy Principal and Pastoral Care Officer to prioritise and deliver individual and small group-based programs and strategies.
● Enhance student learning and wellbeing outcomes by identifying and establishing support networks for students with staff, the school community, and locally based government services and community agencies.
● Support student transition into school by working with families and community at the commencement and during a student’s enrolment in the school.
● Support the leadership team and teaching staff with maintaining proper order and discipline using the School’s Managing Student Behaviour Policy.
● Work with Hostel staff to effectively transition and support students when required
● Support First Aid Officer/Nurse when required with supervision of students or escorting them to appointments etc.
● Be willing to work outside normal school hours as part of this role.
● Attendance at ALL Staff Devotions, Staff meetings as directed by the Principal.
● Adhering to all the organisation’s policies and procedures including health and safety requirements.
● Other duties as instructed by the Principal.
APPLICATIONS: Please email the school Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an employment application package be sent. If you have any queries regarding this position, please call Anna Sheehan, Business Manager on 0412 926 932.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.