CAPS (Christian Aboriginal Parent Directed School, WA) is a K-12, co-education Christian school with boarding facilities for years 7-12. It is located in Coolgardie, about 30km from Kalgoorlie in the Goldfields, and 6 hours from Perth along the Great Eastern Highway.
Our Christ-centred learning community is committed to fostering spiritual growth and advancing in scholastic and athletic gifts of each unique student for entry into tertiary institutions and the communities they will build. We have a strong tradition of promoting schooling for Indigenous students.
We are recruiting for the following position for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Outdoor Education Teacher covering Maternity leave (Primary & High School) for 12 months starting Term 3, 2022.
You will be required to:
- Build positive relationships with colleagues, students, and parents, and contribute to the school and wider community through extra-curricular involvement guided by Christian values and ethos.
- Running the school Outdoor Education program, through on campus classes and planning & implementing camps
- Coordinating the Cadets WA Bushrangers program.
- Maintaining a high standard of safety and risk minimisation
- Maintain equipment and preparation required for Outdoor Education programmes
- * Eligible for registration with TRBWA
- Up to date CV including the details of a minimum of two referees at principal/deputy/HOD level.
- WA Working with Children Check (WCC)
- Experience leading students in outdoor recreation environments.
- Current First Aid and CPR (remote or wilderness level desirable)
- Ability to review and maintain outdoor education industry best practice in risk management
- Valid driver’s licence (LR or MR desirable)
- Up to date with COVID-19 vaccination
Applicants with a Tertiary qualification in Outdoor Recreation are encouraged to contact the principal, as you will be eligible for limited registration.
Qualified teachers with an interest in teaching Outdoor Education are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV by email to: email@example.com
Telephone enquiries can be made to the Principal Mr Robert Javapro on (08) 9093 8000
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.