St George Christian School is seeking a Capital Campaign Director to initiate and operate a $15 million Capital Campaign to build new, state-of-the-art facilities at St George Christian School’s Hurstville Campus. The successful applicant will actively and personally embrace and endorse the School’s distinctively Christian mission, vision, and values. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of capital campaign dynamics and needs in all phases: prospect research, record keeping, donor cultivation, solicitation, follow-up, closure of major gifts and donor recognition. The Director will initiate contact with major donors with the support of the Principal and the Board’s Capital Campaign Committee.
As Campaign Director the successful applicant will:
Work closely with the Principal, and the School Board’s Capital Campaign Committee to develop a Capital Campaign fund-raising strategy to achieve the stated Campaign goals. This will include:
- Conducting research to identify prospective and/or current donors.
- Developing and executing a donor communication plan.
- Schedule and execute meetings with prospective donors, and ensure appropriate follow-up within agreed timeframes.
- Ensuring that the Campaign is on schedule and progressing with a high level of visibility and momentum, engendering a sense of partnership with parents, positive anticipation, optimism and confidence in achieving the Campaign goal.
- Developing and running Campaign related events.
- Overseeing the preparation of necessary materials for distribution at Committee meetings, and the follow-up with relevant people regarding assigned tasks.
- Developing SGCS alumni as a possible sources of donors
- Design, preparation and distribution of campaign reports and records to indicate Campaign progress.
- Developing and executing a public relations/communications plan to keep the Campaign in the eye of the community and to maintain its momentum
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success with multi-million dollar campaign experience
- Experience in Independent School setting is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Be a practising Christian, with regular involvement in a local church
The School may revise this position description as required.
Salary will be by negotiation.
Expressions of Interest close Tuesday 22 January 2019.