Goldfields Baptist College, WA
About the business
Goldfields Baptist College (GBC) is the only registered Kindy – Year 12 educational facility in Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
GBC is a multicultural, multi denominational co-educational school that offers a holistic Christian education.
We are committed to assisting our students to thrive and reach their God-given potential by providing an education that challenges, encourages and builds into all areas of their lives – spiritual, academic, physical and social.
We encourage students to question, critique and explore, in their personal pursuit of truth.
About the role
This is an Executive role and as such you will also form part of the Leadership Team. You will work closely with the Principal, School Board, Senior Finance Officer and other key stakeholders to
1. Manage both the day to day financial affairs and the medium to long term financial planning of the College to ensure sound financial stewardship and to manage the non-academic activities of the College.
2. Be responsible for supervising and monitoring the College Administration and Support functions, the maintenance and development of buildings and grounds, equipment, transportation and all financial operations.
3. Be accountable to the Principal for all matters of business and Human Resource Management of the College
Benefits and perks
Flexible working hours/days by mutual arrangement.
This is suitable for a parent returning to the workforce.
There is scope to have your child/children on site.
Corporate gym membership rates available.
Skills and experience
Your application should detail your experience in dealing with the following Key Performance Indicator Areas;
- Financial Planning and Management - including budgeting, business planning, and financial forecasting.
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Health and Safety
- Human Resource Management
- Asset Management - Property and Facilities
- ICT Systems Management
- General Leadership
- Accounting tertiary degree and professional qualifications or extensive relevant experience.
- Willingness to uphold and live the Mission, Vision and Christian values of Goldfields Baptist College.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Proven computer skills – Microsoft suite.
- Empathy with students and their parents.
- Federal Police check.
- Working with children check.
- Experience using Xero software.
- Experience in a College environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Operational and Financial Management in an Independent College environment
- The ability to supervise Service Contracts
- Experience with Grant Applications
- Tertiary qualifications in a business discipline and have progressed to CA or CPA accreditation
No VISA Sponsorship.
Please complete our Non-Teaching application from our website https://www.gbc.wa.edu.au/our-school/employment/
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- How many years of asset management experience do you have?
- How many years of recruitment experience do you have?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?