Website Brindabella Christian College
Brindabella Christian College, ACT
About the role
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic teacher with a passion for Christian education wanting to teach in a Christ focused school, working collaboratively across the College to provide learning experiences with a focus on engagement and excellence.
We seek a committed and dedicated Design Technology teacher with a passion for Christian education. We welcome applicants who are creative, inquiring and enthusiastic, and have a genuine commitment to the holistic education of students 6-12. The position is a contract part-time (0.6FTE) position for Semester 2 2021. The position may be ongoing.
A Design Technology Teacher at Brindabella Christian will:
· Demonstrate excellent teaching practice and skills in the area of design technology, particularly in wood work
· Have knowledge of how to prepare and structure lessons to meet the academic and pastoral development of students in accordance with the Australian Curriculum and Christian perspective
· Be able to create and maintain safe, inclusive and challenging learning environments and implement fair and equitable behaviour management plans and strategies.
· Show a willingness to participate in the College’s extensive co-curricular program
· Oversee and maintain workshops
· Comply with WHS policies & requirements to design technology environments, conditions and provisions
Why work with us
We will provide you with:
· A welcoming and supportive educational community
· An encouraging and committed Christian community
· Competitive salary
· Opportunities for professional development
· An opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, applicants must access the Application Pack and include in their response a:
· Covering Letter
· Curriculum Vitae
· Response to Selection Criteria.
Applications must be received in full by 25 June 2021. Interviews are expected to be held shortly thereafter.
For further details of this position and to obtain a full Position Description, along with the Selection Criteria, please visit our College website BCC Positions
To apply for this job please visit www.bcc.act.edu.au.