Website Belgrave Heights Christian School
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Belgrave Heights Christian School is located in the Dandenong Ranges, Victoria and is a thriving and vibrant educational institution established in 1983 with over 850 students from Kinder- Year 12.
The School’s foundational vision, mission and values, aim to provide a rich Christ-centred education in which to encourage the development and growth of Christian faith in students. All staff support and contribute to this aim. The School has enjoyed immense growth and success over the years resulting in a rich history, first class facilities and a fantastic environment in which to work.
Please visit our website at www.bhcs.vic.edu.au for more details.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Library Assistant to join our enthusiastic, close knit Discovery Centre team, with commencement as soon as possible. The successful applicant would display a passion for sharing books and literature with students across all year levels.
It is essential that the successful applicant have, or be able to demonstrate the following:
● Willingness to assist with student library sessions
● Ability to contribute to creating a welcoming and safe environment in our Discovery Centre
● Effectiveness in working within a small team
● Actively support and adhere to the School’s vision, mission and ethos
● Have, or be willing to obtain, a current Victorian Working with Children Check.
Highly preferred but not essential:
● Experience with library management systems, in particularly Oliver version 5, or the ability to quickly pick up new technologies.
● Experience with the Scholastic Book Club and Fair
● Previous library experience in a School or similar environment.
Employment will be on a part time basis for 2 days per week, during school terms only.
As a Child Safe School we promote the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability. As such, the Staff Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policies must be adhered to, resulting in all applicants undergoing rigorous reference, background and identity checking.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resume together with 3 references (one preferably from a current Minister/Pastor) by 5pm on Monday 19 February 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org