Arethusa College (QLD) is an independent, co-educational school catering for students from Year 7 to Year 12. Arethusa College provides an alternative approach to education for students where previous schooling in a mainstream setting has not been successful due to social, emotional, physical, educational, familial or situational difficulties. The College believes that engagement in education has the potential to empower marginalised students.
Arethusa’s holistic programs aim to re-engage and support students who are experiencing a wide range of risks, challenges and difficulties, aiming to establish a pathway to their employment. By providing flexible learning environments, with targeted and diverse curriculum programs, Arethusa College strives to support and develop its students, both physically, emotionally, socially, spiritually and academically. All programs are underpinned by quality pedagogy, targeted literacy and numeracy development, 21st Century skills, design thinking and the development of responsible, global citizenship.
Arethusa College offers students a ‘fresh start’ and an alternative approach to education, seeking to develop each student’s core knowledge and skills; as well as guiding them to develop and achieve both personal and career goals. The College provides supportive and educational programs to assist students’ social, emotional and physical health.
Arethusa College is one school with many campuses that exist to reconnect disengaged students, by creating alternative educational communities that facilitate, ‘Real Connections’, ‘Real Learning’ & ‘Real Futures’.
Arethusa College is committed to creating a culture where we in practical ways ‘Believe in our students’, ‘Where we Expect of them’ and ‘Where we Celebrate with them’.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the operational aspects of the Human Resources function of the College for all staff, including end-to-end recruitment, staffing, training and development, onboarding, performance management and workplace relations.
This is a busy, diverse and sometimes demanding position that is people and service focussed. It requires the person to be able to think on their feet and be flexible due to the nature of the school environment. It requires the person to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other staff, including teachers and Heads of Campus, volunteers and contractors.
The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Executive Principal
- Execute the people strategy across the College to positively drive staff engagement
- Provide human resources/employee relations advice to various levels of management, ensuring adherence to relevant legislation
- Develop innovative processes aligned to the strategic objectives of the College
- Ensure compliance across all industrial relations, employee relations and policies
- Leading performance management and employee relations
- General Duties
- Proactively support Campus Principals to ensure the success of their teams
- Facilitate and support various human resources prosses
- Support and mention the Human Resources Officer
- Oversee WorkCover Claims and Return to Work Plans
- Attend staff professional development and staff devotions where applicable
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Experience as a HR Manager in a busy environment (a school setting is desirable)
- Advanced Microsoft Office ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Understanding of Employment Law
- A sound knowledge of current legislation and Awards
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Capacity to build trust with all staff displaying integrity and transparency
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Ability to use initiative and apply sound judgement
- Ability to exercise discretion and sensitivity with confidential issues
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- A calm manner under pressure
- High standard of personal presentation
- Be flexible and adaptable to change
The successful application will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or related field with HR Major
- A current Working with Children Check (Paid Blue Card) or be willing to obtain one prior to commencing
- Open Drivers Licence
Include a cover letter and detailed resume with your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.