Website Alta-1 College QLD
Changing Lives One At A Time
Alta-1 College QLD
Clinical Psychologist/ Psychologist
Full-Time Position commencing during Term 1, 2021.
Applications close 9.00am Monday 18th January, 2021
Alta-1 College QLD is calling for applications from well-qualified and experienced clinical psychologists/psychologists who are passionate about Changing Lives One at A Time by providing outstanding therapeutic support to educationally disengaged and disadvantaged young people in a unique senior secondary school context. The College is recruiting for a full-time worker but may be willing to consider part-time employment for the right candidate.
Alta-1 offers learning pathways to disengaged students across Australia. Our classroom and online program deliver solutions that include community involvement, therapeutic and education outcomes.
Alta-1 is committed to changing the lives of disengaged students through a journey of belonging, self-transformation and offering hope for the future. A sense of belonging and safety live at the heart of Alta-1.
Every student is empowered to gain life skills to support growth on their journey as individuals. The vision that drives Alta-1 is for our students to grow and succeed in life. Christian values underpin our call to “change one life at a time”.
About Alta-1 College QLD
The College was started in Western Australia in 2004 and has since expanded to Queensland in 2015. We function as a multi-campus school, with nearly all Alta-1 Campuses deliberately utilising the premises of an existing church community. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk. The students we engage are of a senior school age and they are provided a pathway to complete their secondary education.
Recognising that young people learn best when they feel safe and connected, Alta-1 delivers education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the students encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.
Alta-1 College QLD is a multi-sited, independent, co-educational, Special Assistance School located in South-East Queensland. Presently the College caters for approximately 70 young people aged 15-19 over two locations in Caboolture. The College has an outstanding staff team of approximately 16 full and part-time staff and is growing.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
The College is currently seeking experienced clinical psychologists/ psychologists, who are interested in applying for a full-time position commencing in Term 1, 2021. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the therapeutic and socio-emotional needs of the student cohort through the oversight of the Queensland therapeutic team and the delivery of the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model. The delivery of this model will be in close consultation with the broader therapeutic services team in Alta-1 College Western Australia. The appointment would report directly to the QLD College Principal and will also receive guidance from the State Director of Wellbeing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leadership of the QLD Therapeutic Services Team and implementation of the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model
- Delivery of outstanding therapeutic services to students
- Close collaboration with the Alta-1 College Western Australia Therapeutic/Student Services Team
- Support to “on-the-ground” teachers and support staff
- Critical incident management
- Case management and reporting
- Collaboration with external agencies and assisting with funding applications
In order to be considered for a role with the College you will need to demonstrate that you are:
- Able to show commitment with integrity to the Christian identity, mission and ethos of the college
- Passionate about helping disadvantaged young people to improve their lives
- A high-level leader with outstanding interpersonal skills
- A well-qualified clinical psychologist/psychologist registered with the Psychologist Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Experienced in working with at-risk youth and families
- Able to meet the standard of conduct articulated in the Australian Psychological Society’s Code of Ethics
- Willing to deliver therapeutic services in line with the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model
- The holder of a current valid Blue Card (or able to obtain one)
- Willingness to undergo a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the Selection Criteria located further along in this document.
Why work for Alta-1 College QLD?
- Be at the forefront of helping at-risk youth
- Competitive benefits for employees
- Alta-1 College QLD offers salary packaging
If you are excited by this and genuinely believe that you could succeed with the College, then please submit your application. The Selection Criteria can be found further along in this document or on the College website at https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Your application must include a current Resume, a written reference from your Pastor, the names of three referees (two professional, one pastoral) and a covering letter (not more than 4 pages) addressing the Requirements and Selection Criteria.
All applications must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to the College Principal, Matthew Vandepeer.
Applications close 9.00am Monday 18th January, 2021.
- Genuine faith in and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ
- Active member of a Christian church community
- Lifestyle consistent with Christian profession
- Demonstrated positive leadership ability
- Track record of providing highly effective therapeutic interventions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a close-knit and dynamic team
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to working with at-risk adolescents
- Proven ability to connect and build rapport with adolescents
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Qualified psychologist or clinical psychologist
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Current Blue Card
- Able to meet the requirements to be granted a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to unique problems.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills that can be used in a therapeutic model.
- Demonstrated high-level management and team leadership skills, including the ability to manage workloads across various locations.
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence.
- Experience as a school psychologist
- Previous case management experience specifically relating to at-risk adolescents
- Knowledge of funding processes related to students with disabilities
- An understanding of Christian schooling.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.