Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College, WA
This is an outstanding opportunity for passionate and talented Teachers with relevant experience to help support Alta-1 College staff and students through relief work.
When applying, please specify which of the following regions you are interested in interviewing for:
- Perth Metro (Please specify: North, South or East Metro)
If you are applying for the Perth Metro region, please specify which of the follow Metro regions you are interested in:
- North Metro (Mullaloo, Merriwa, Joondalup)
- East Metro (Ellenbrook, Malaga, Belmont)
- South Metro (Huntingdale, Cockburn, Port Kennedy)
The primary role of an Alta-1 Teacher is the responsibility for leading the team on campus, working together towards meeting the social, emotional and educational needs of students. This position will answer directly to the Regional Principal.
About Alta-1 College:
Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery and hope.
Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. As a college, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people
- Promote an environment of dynamic, active and genuine learning.
- Care for a group in a way that reflects the school’s values.
- Employ a variety of effective teaching strategies to successfully implement the curriculum linked to recovery education.
- Be sensitive to students experiencing personal, social or organizational problems.
- Differentiate the teaching of the curriculum to ensure that the needs of all individuals in their classes are met.
- A practicing Christian, enthusiastic and passionate about helping young people, with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- To have a current working with children check, TRBWA registration and a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check.
- A demonstrated passion for and commitment to working with at-risk adolescent students.
Essential and desirable criteria to be considered for this role are as outlined in the Job Description located on our website, linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College:
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available
- Opportunities for career progression
- Professional development
- A fun and friendly Christian working environment
If you can see yourself joining the Alta-1 team in this role, then please apply. To be considered, an application must include:
- A separate document addressing the selection criteria,
- A current resume and,
- A currently dated and signed Pastoral Reference from your current church pastor.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
You can locate the selection criteria within the Job Description on our website, https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Please submit your application via email to email@example.com specifying the region you wish to apply for.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.