Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College, WA
Learning Support Education Assistant
South Metro Region
Start Date – Term Three (Negotiable)
About Alta-1 College:
Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery and hope.
Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people
We are looking for a passionate Education Assistant with relevant experience to join a large dynamic team of educators and support staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the Learning Support teacher in the delivery of the best possible education and duty of care for each student in the light of the values and objectives of Alta-1 College, as well as assisting in administrative duties.
- Assisting the Campus Teacher and the Learning Support Teacher
- Working with individuals and small groups of students to implement tailored strategies under the guidance of the Learning Support Teacher and Campus Teacher
- Administrative support under the supervision of the Learning Support Teacher
- Extra-curricular involvement
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A practicing Christian with regular church attendance, who is enthusiastic and passionate about helping young people
- Meet the requirements of a Working with Children’s Check and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
- Hold a minimum of Certificate III in Education Support, Education Assistant, or equivalent
- Ability to determine and scaffold / accommodate and / or modify set tasks to tailor according to individual student needs
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, interpersonal and organisational skills
The essential and desirable criteria to be considered for this role are as outlined in the Job Description located on our website, linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College:
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available
- Opportunities for career progression
- Professional development
- A fun and friendly Christian working environment
If you can see yourself joining the Alta-1 team in this role, then please apply.
To be considered, an application must include:
- A cover letter
- A separate document addressing the selection criteria,
- A current resume and,
- A currently dated Pastoral Reference from your church pastor.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
You can locate the selection criteria within the job description, located on our website: https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
All applications must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the South Metro Principal, Laurelle Coto.
Application closing date is Thursday, 24th June.
Alta-1 College encourages you to apply for this vacancy as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.