Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College WA
Learning Support Education Assistant
Commences: Monday 8th August
About Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. The College was started in Western Australia in 2004 and has since expanded to Queensland in 2015. We function as a multi-campus school, with nearly all Alta-1 Campuses deliberately utilising the premises of an existing church community.
As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk. The students we see are between 12 and 18 years of age and are provided a pathway to complete their secondary education.
Recognising that young people learn best when they feel connected and safe, Alta-1 delivers education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the students encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
Do you have a heart for young people? Would you like the opportunity to help improve the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged teenagers?
We are looking for a passionate Education Assistant with relevant experience to join a large, dynamic team of educators and support staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the Learning Support Teacher in the delivery of the best possible education and duty of care for each student in the light of the values and objectives of Alta-1 College, as well as assisting in administrative duties.
- Assisting the Campus Teacher and Learning Support Teacher
- Working with individuals and small groups of students to implement tailored strategies under the guidance of the Learning Support teacher and Campus Teacher.
- Administrative support under the supervision of the Learning Support Teacher.
- Extra-Curricular Involvement
Essential requirements to be considered for the role
- A practicing Christian with regular church attendance who is enthusiastic and passionate about helping young people.
- Meet the requirements of a Working With Children Check and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check.
- Hold a minimum of Certificate III in Education Support, Education Assistant, or equivalent.
- Ability to determine and scaffold/accommodate and/or modify set tasks to tailor according to individual student needs.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, interpersonal and organisational skills.
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the job description located on our website at: https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Professional development.
- A fun and friendly Christian working environment.
How to apply
If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply.
To be considered, all applications must include:
- cover letter
- separate document addressing the selection criteria
- current resume
- statement of faith or a written reference from your pastor
You can locate the selection criteria in the job description located on our website at: https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Please submit applications and queries regarding this role via email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Regional Principal East Metro, Darryl Baker.
Application closing date is Sunday 7th August.
Alta-1 encourages you to apply for this position as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
CHANGING LIVES ONE AT A TIME
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.