Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College, WA
East Metro Region
Part-Time – 0.5 FTE
Start Date – July Holidays (Negotiable)
About Alta-1 College:
Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery, and hope
Alta-1 College WA is an independent, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
Do you have a heart for young people? Would you like the opportunity to help improve the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged teenagers?
We are looking for a passionate Counsellor with relevant experience to join a large dynamic team of educators and support staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing support to both students and staff under the direction of the Regional Psychologist.
- Delivery of services to students
- Support of staff members
- Critical Incident Response
- Recording and reporting
- Liaising with agencies and networking
Essential requirements to be considered for the role:
- To be a practicing Christian with regular church attendance, who is enthusiastic and passionate about helping young people
- Meet the requirements of a Working with Children’s Check and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
- Hold a minimum of a Diploma in Counselling, or higher
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the Job Description located on our website, linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College:
- Access to generous Salary Packaging options
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for career progression
- Working within a fun and friendly Christian environment
If you can see yourself joining the Alta-1 team in one of these roles, then please apply.
To be considered, an application must include:
- a document addressing the entire selection criteria,
- a current resume,
- and a currently dated Pastoral Reference from your church pastor.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
You can locate the selection criteria within the Job Description, located on our website https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Please submit your application via email to email@example.com addressed to the East Metro Principal, Darryl Baker.
Application Closing Date is Sunday, 27th June.
Alta-1 College encourages you to apply for this vacancy as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.