Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College, WA
About Alta-1 College:
Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery, and hope
Alta-1 College WA is an independent, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
Alta-1 is now operating a campus in Katanning. It is a well-resourced and spacious facility, set behind the stunning federation style Kobeelya Function and Accommodation Centre. The campus enjoys a
This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and talented Chaplain with relevant experience to join a large, dynamic team of educators and support staff. If you have a heart for at-risk young people and hope to make a difference in the lives of students, then we would love to hear from you! The primary role of an Alta-1 Chaplain is to support the campus teacher by assisting students in personal and spiritual domains, and to act as a link to the church and community. This position will report directly to the Campus Teacher
- Working with small groups of students
- Working pastorally with individual students
- Extra-Curricular involvement
- Assisting the campus teacher
- To be a practising Christian, regularly attending church and maintaining a Christian lifestyle
- Passionate and enthusiastic about helping young people
- The capacity to work collaboratively in a team environment
- To have successfully completed the following two mandatory units or be willing to complete on commencement of employment:
- Work with people with mental health issues (CHCMHS001)
- Respond to client needs which includes making appropriate referrals (CHCCS016)
- To have a current Working with Children’s Check and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check, or the ability to obtain these
For more detailed information on the function and requirement of this role, please see the Job Description located on our website, linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College:
- Access to generous Salary Packaging options
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for career progression
- Working within a fun and friendly Christian environment
If you can see yourself joining the Alta-1 team in one of these roles, then please apply! To be considered, an application must include:
- a document addressing the entire selection criteria,
- a current resume,
- and a currently dated Pastoral Reference from your church pastor. Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
The Selection Criteria can be located in our Job Description located on our website at https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Great Southern Regional Principal, Steve Sharp.
Application Closing Date is Sunday, 8th August, 2021
Alta-1 College encourages you to apply for this vacancy as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.