Website Alta-1 College
Program Manager VET
Alta-1 Head Office – Joondalup
About Alta-1 College:
Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery and hope.
Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people
Role and Responsibility
The Program Manager VET will be responsible for development of sustainable VET pathways within the College, to meet the diverse needs of students at Alta-1. The course offerings need to be considered in relation to the Ata-1 Standards and Strategic Plan.
The Program Manager VET will work with the Director of Student Outcomes to develop the initial plan and scoping of becoming a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), in accordance with Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) requirements. The role will be responsible for execution of ongoing operational requirements of an RTO in providing capably trained and qualified skillsets which include the following:
- Investigate, establish and oversee the delivery of VET programmes
- Review and validate VET Programmes
- Revise as needed to provide individual student pathways
- Facilitate and ensure relevant induction for VET teachers
- Coordinate the delivery of VET professional development for teachers
- Investigate and provide flexible learning pathways
Essential requirements to be considered for the role:
- A Christian committed to demonstrating that their beliefs and values are real and impact their daily life
- Meet the requirements to be granted a Working with Children’s Check and Nationally Coordinated Police History Check
- A great eye for detail
- Previous, relevant school-based VET senior leadership experience
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College:
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available
- A fun and friendly Christian working environment
If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply. In order to be considered, applications must include:
- a document addressing the Selection Criteria,
- a current Resume and,
- a written reference from your pastor.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
You can locate the selection criteria on our website at https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
All applications must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the State Director of Student Outcomes, Shelley Forbes
If you have any further questions regarding the functionality of this role, please contact Shelley Forbes on 0439 786 565.
Application closing date is Sunday, 1st August, 2021.
Alta-1 College encourages you to apply for this vacancy as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.