Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College, WA
Learning Support Teacher
Term 1 2022
About Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. The College was started in Western Australia in 2004 and has since expanded to Queensland in 2015. We function as a multi-campus school, with nearly all Alta-1 Campuses deliberately utilising the premises of an existing church community. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk. The students we see are between 12 and 18 years of age and are provided a pathway to complete their secondary education.
Recognising that young people learn best when they feel connected and safe, Alta-1 delivers education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the students encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
Do you have a heart for young people? Would you like the opportunity to help improve the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged teenagers?
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced Teacher with a heart for at-risk young people to join the team in our North Metro region. The successful applicant will join a large, dynamic team of educators and support staff. You will provide leadership within this team through the best possible delivery of education and duty of care for each student in light of the values and objectives of Alta-1 College.
- Information and Data Collection
- Documented Plans
- Targeted Learning Support
- Funding Applications
- Extra-Curricular Involvement
Essential requirements to be considered for the role:
- A Christian committed to demonstrating that their beliefs and values are real and impact their daily life.
- Meet the requirements of a Working With Children Check and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check.
- To be registered with the Teacher Registration Board of WA.
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolutions skills, relevant for managing relationships with parents, students and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and use a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet a vast range of individual students’ needs and educational objectives.
- Demonstrated high capacity to manage administration tasks.
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the job description located on our website linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College
- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
- Opportunities for career progression
- Professional Development
- A unique environment working with a strong team
How to Apply
If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply. To be considered, applications must include a cover letter, a separate document addressing the selection criteria, a current resume and a written reference from your pastor.
You can locate the selection criteria in the job description located on our website at https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Please submit applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the North Metro Regional Principal, Kevin Kendell.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Kevin Kendell on 0430 367 391.
Application closing date is Monday, 24th January 2022.
Alta-1 encourages you to apply for this position as soon as possible, and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.