Website Alta-1 College
Youth Engagement Worker
Targeted Engagement Program (TEP) East
Full Time Contract – Until End of 2021
About Alta-1 College: Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery, and hope Alta-1 College WA is an independent, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state.
As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk. Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
The Opportunity: Do you have a heart for young people? Would you like the opportunity to help improve the lives of disadvantaged and disengaged teenagers? We are looking for a passionate Youth Engagement Worker with relevant experience to join a large dynamic team of educators and support staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the TEP program by assisting students in personal and spiritual domains, and re-engaging students with school, church, community and family.
- Working with individual students
- Re-engaging students with family and the community
- Liaising with parents/ guardians
- Building and maintaining relationships with supporting agencies
Essential requirements to be considered for the role:
- To be a practicing Christian with regular church attendance, who is enthusiastic and passionate about helping young people
- Meet the requirements of a Working with Children’s Check and Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the Job Description located on our website, linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College:
- Access to generous Salary Packaging options
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for career progression
- Working within a fun and friendly Christian environment
If you can see yourself joining the Alta-1 team, then please apply. To be considered, an application must include:
- a document addressing the entire selection criteria,
- a current resume,
- and a currently dated Pastoral Reference from your church pastor.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
You can locate the selection criteria within the Job Description located on our website at https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/ P
lease submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the East Metro Principal, Darryl Baker.
For more information regarding these positions, please contact Darryl Baker on 0468 951 934.
Application Closing Date is Wednesday, 28th July, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.