Website Alta-1 College
ConnectEd Middle and Senior School Teacher
About Alta-1 College, WA:
Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery and hope.
Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people
ConnectEd is the College’s online transitional programme, providing students who are unable to physically attend school with home-based education as well as access to a support team designed to facilitate their re-engagement. This team consists of a teacher, chaplain, education assistant and student support services who will all work in collaboration to assist students in their education and recovery, with the goal of transitioning them back into mainstream schooling or other educational pathways.
This is an exciting opportunity for a experienced Teacher to join the teams covering the Como Campus ConnectEd Program. The successful applicant will join a large dynamic team of educators and support staff. You will provide leadership within this team for the ConnectEd program through the best possible delivery of education and duty of care for each student in light of the values and objectives of Alta-1 College.
- Collaborative team leadership and management
- Responsibility for allocated students enrolled in ConnectEd program
- Maintenance of collegial and progessional relationships with other members of staff
- Proactively support the Christian ethos of Alta-1 College
Essential requirements to be considered for the role:
- A Christian committed to demonstrating that their beliefs and values are real and impact their daily life
- Meet the requirements of a Working With Children’s Check and a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
- To be registered with the Teacher Registration Board of WA
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resultion skills, relevant for managing relationships with parents, students and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and use a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet a vast range of individual students’ needs and educational objectives’
- Demonstrated high ability to manage administrative tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the Job Description located on our website, linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College:
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available
- Opportunities for career progression
- Professional development
- A fun and friendly Christian working environment
If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply. In order to be considered, applications must include:
- a document addressing the Selection Criteria
- a current Resume and,
- a currently dated written reference from your pastor.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
You can locate the selection criteria in the Job Description on our website: www.alta-1.wa.edu.au/employment/
All applications must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com addressed to the ConnectEd Regional Principal, Rachel Rodriguez.
Application closing date is Monday, 27th September 2021.
Alta-1 encourages you to apply for this vacancy as soon as possible and reserves the right to close this vacancy without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.