Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College, WA
Learning Support Teacher
ConnectEd South Metro
Full Time About
Alta-1 College: Transforming communities through justice, knowledge, recovery and hope. Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state.
As a College, we intentionally work with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk. Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people
ConnectEd is the College’s online transitional program, providing students who are unable to physically attend school with home-based education as well as access to a support team designed to facilitate their re- engagement. This team consists of a teacher, chaplain, education assistant and student support services who will all work in collaboration to assist students in their education and recovery, with the goal of transitioning them back into mainstream schooling or other educational pathways.
The Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity for a experienced Learning Support Teacher to join the teams the South Metro Region for the ConnectEd Program. The successful applicant will join a large dynamic team of educators and support staff. You will provide support to teachers and campus staff within this team for the ConnectEd program through the best possible delivery of education support in light of the values and objectives of Alta-1 College.
- Collection of information and data relating to areas such as student enrolment.
- Writing of student Documented Plans and communication with the Campus Teacher regarding these.
- Lodgement of State and Commonwealth funding applications for students with disabilities.
Essential requirements to be considered for the role:
- A Christian committed to demonstrating that their beliefs and values are real and impact their daily life
- Meet the requirements of a Working With Children’s Check and a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check
- To be registered with the Teacher Registration Board of WA
- To have previous relevant experience in the areas of teaching and learning support
- To have effective communication and conflict resolution sills, relevant to managing relationships with parents, students and teachers.
- Familiarlarity with literacy and numeracy testing
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as a part of a team
For more information regarding the function and requirements of this role, please refer to the Job Description located on our website, linked below.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College
- Attractive Salary Packaging options available
- Opportunities for career progression
- Professional development
- A fun and friendly Christian working environment
If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply. In order to be considered, applications must include:
- a document addressing the Selection Criteria,
- a current Resume and,
- a written reference from your pastor.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
You can locate the selection criteria in the Job Description, located on our website: https://www.alta-1.com.au/employmnt/
All applications must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com addressed to the ConnectEd Principal, Karlee Brown.
Application closing date is Sunday, 4th July, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.