Website Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College QLD
Education Facilitator/Youth Support Worker (ConnectEd Program) Various Part-Time Positions Available
January 2022 Commencement Caboolture, Queensland
Alta-1 offers learning pathways to disengaged students across Australia. Our classroom and online programs deliver solutions that include community involvement, therapeutic and education outcomes.
Alta-1 is committed to changing the lives of disengaged students through a journey of belonging, self-transformation and offering hope for the future. A sense of belonging and safety live at the heart of Alta-1.
Every student is empowered to gain life skills to support growth on their journey as individuals. The vision that drives Alta-1 is for our students
to grow and succeed in life. Christian values underpin our call to “change one life at a time”.
About Alta-1 College QLD
Alta-1 College QLD is a multi-sited, independent, Special Assistance School located in South-East Queensland. Presently the College caters for approximately 75 young people aged 15-19 over two locations in Caboolture. The College has an outstanding staff team of approximately 16 full and part-time staff and is growing.
Alta-1 College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safe-guards all students and is committed to promoting practices which provides safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people.
About the ConnectEd Program
The Alta-1 College ConnectEd Program is a Transition to School Program for young people who are having trouble attending school. Students struggling to access mainstream schooling due to social emotional disorders and other medical conditions may be suited to this program.
The ConnectEd Program offers teacher and pastoral support designed to facilitate the educational re-engagement of students. We do this by offering an online and workbook-based curriculum that can be tailored to a student’s individual needs.
The program includes a unique Personal Recovery and Community Building course that is delivered at home or school as the student is able. This course assists student to acknowledge, confront and resolve barriers to school attendance and emotional well-being.
Over a period of time, students are assisted to re-engage back to mainstream education or into our campus where we offer pathways to year 12 graduation and opportunities for greater personal freedom.
- The opportunity presents for passionate and appropriately skilled people to apply for an Education
- Facilitator/Youth Support Worker position working with disengaged students.
- The successful applicants will work with a small and dynamic team of educators and support staff. You will have the opportunity to work one-to-one with young people who require assistance to re-engage in education and journey towards personal recovery.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working with students at school or in their homes as they are able
- Working pastorally with individual students
- Capable of planning, implementing and assessing learning sequences that relate to personal development
- Assist the ConnectEd Program teachers with administrative tasks and teaching and learning times
- Assisting the ConnectEd Teacher/s
- Extra-curricular involvement
Please refer to the Selection Criteria and Position Description for more complete details.
Essential requirements to be considered for the role
- A practicing Christian who is committed to maintaining a lifestyle consistent with Christian Profession.
- Cert IV in Youth Work or Cert IV in Chaplaincy & Pastoral Care (or a higher qualification)
- Previous experience working with young people
- Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College
- Salary based
- Work in a small team environment to deliver life-transforming opportunities for students
How to apply
If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply. To be considered, your application must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a current resume, the names of three referees and a currently dated written reference from your pastor.
The selection criteria can be located in the job description on our website at https://www.alta-1.com.au/employment/
Please submit applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Mrs Karen Clarke.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Matthew Vandepeer on (07) 5301 8008 or 0431 416 488
Applications are due no later than 9:00am Monday 29th November, 2021
N.B. the College reserves the right to appoint this position prior to the closing date for applications listed above.
1. In applying for this position, you will be providing Alta-1 College QLD with personal information. We can be contacted by phone at (07) 5301 8008, or by email at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.